Sr Accountant - Device Accounting
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Accountant
The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting and fixed asset accounting.
The Senior Accountant (Device Accounting) is responsible for ensuring that the Device Accounting activities are accurately presented under US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in general accounting and a strong analytical and problem solving ability. This position will have frequent interactions with cross-functional teams within the greater Accounting department as well as outside of Accounting; including Marketing, Operations, IT, Tax, Legal and Financial Planning & Analysis.
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and accounting systems; SAP experience a plus.
- Able to perform complex analysis and reconciliations of diverse scope.
- Apply financial analysis techniques to complex problems.
- High proficiency in Excel and Word required. BW, Business Objects or SQL experience a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to resolve complex problems positively and professionally with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable expressing concerns and ideas during interactions and meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as decision-making and analytical abilities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business.
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience or 3+ years Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Public accounting and/or retail or financial services industry accounting experience preferred.
- Use accounting concepts, wide-ranging experience, analytical skills and knowledge of industry to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Exercise accuracy and employ reconciling techniques to tie out numbers from different sources; periodically test reports.
- Be a leader and resource for lower-level accountants on the team. Review work and provide advice, guidance, and training. Leverage other team members' skills and expertise to enhance the team's effectiveness.
- Lead productive meetings with team and business partners.
- Proactively identify risks and areas of improvement and make recommendations.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and analysis.
- Participate in cross-departmental projects. Identify and communicate the impact of new programs or system changes on existing accounting processes.
- Responsible for recording journal entries, reconciling complex ledger accounts and identifying opportunities for improvement to processes and internal controls into the accounting processes.
- Design & produce supporting schedules and analysis to explain financial results and variances.
- Produce accurate and timely ad-hoc reporting from multiple data sources to perform analysis.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top