Sr Accountant - Commissions
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Accountant - Commissions
Senior Accountant is an individual contributor role within Revenue Accounting, primarily responsible for ensuring sales and dealer incentives are properly accounted for under US GAAP and IFRS. This position reports to the Manager, Revenue Accounting. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in general accounting and a strong analytical and problem solving ability. This role also participates in the implementation of accounting requirements related to new business or promotional activities and the implementation of the new revenue recognition standard. This position will have frequent interactions with cross-functional teams within the greater Accounting department as well as outside of Accounting; including Marketing, Operations, EIT, Financial Reporting and Financial Planning & Analysis.
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and accounting systems; SAP experience a plus.
- High proficiency in Excel and Word required. Blackline, Business Objects or PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with peers and team members to gain cooperation amongst the teams to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience or 3+ years Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Public accounting and/or retail or financial services industry accounting experience preferred.
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analysis are properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
- Accountable for identifying and communicating risks and issues impacting financial area of responsibility.
- Serve as subject matter expert for financial area of responsibility in interactions with business partners.
- Possess deep understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results and controls.
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting standards and reporting requirements to ensure proper application in T-Mobile's close and reporting process.
- Design and produce supporting schedules and analysis to explain financial results and variances.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top