Specialist, Service Operations Center
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.***Position can be located in Frisco, TX or Snoqualmie, WA***
Service Operations Center
This position is responsible for supporting the various business units, systems, and vendors within the T-Mobile U.S., MetroPCS brand, Billing, OSS application layer and an assortment of peripheral systems through basic remote network surveillance and first tier trouble shooting. The qualified candidate will understand how organizations function to accomplish their goals, driving daily objectives of application support and providing the best possible service to the group’s dependent thereof. The qualified candidate will facilitate interdepartmental communication to provide overall clarity, gain alignment, and achieve successful resolution as a part of the ITIL Service Delivery model.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 2+ years Data platform/application support experience in operations and support.
- Intermediate level Knowledge of telecommunications networks. Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to report on analytical findings in a consumable fashion (strong organizational skills and attention to detail).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively able to communicate with all employee levels.
- Experience with identifying and resolving internal and external customer problems.
- This position operates in a 24×7×365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.
- Unix support experience
- ITIL Foundations preferred
- Windows support experience
- Knowledge/understanding of TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, Command Line Language, basic network configuration, basic server and storage array administration.
- CCNA preferred.
- Vocational/Technical Training. Two-year vocational degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
Related technical military training or equivalent work experience
- Works as part of a cross-functional team to conduct routine remote surveillance and Tier 1 maintenance activities for all network nodes in his/her area of responsibility. Provides support to other technicians and engineers. Performs fault isolation tests related to network trouble. Monitors network alarms, and performs fault isolation testing on radio and switching networks and peripherals, Creates and responds to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts or dispatching the appropriate technician for resolution. Escalates trouble tickets with third party vendors such as power and telco companies, as well as second tier organizations within T-Mobile.
- Operations Support: Answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller. Provides support during large scale outages and disaster recovery efforts.
- Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements. Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation.
- Works with more senior-level technicians to gain working knowledge of how to complete more complex troubleshooting and repair functions. Uses resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting network problems.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top