Specialist, Incident Management Communications
Specialist, Incident Communications Management
The role will serve the Technology organization as an Incident Management Communications Specialist responsible for delivery of outage information for major incidents. A major incident is a significant event involving an IT/network asset, which demands a response beyond the routine, resulting from uncontrolled developments in the course of normal operation or work activity.
The Incident Management Communications Specialist will gather, interpret, and produce outage notification messages to the business in a timely manner. The Incident Management Communications Specialist will also assist in a supportive role, including calls, escalation (both technical and hierarchical), and other tasks to drive incidents towards resolution. The successful candidate must have the ability to perform well under pressure while managing numerous competing priorities. They will be extremely customer focused while ensuring accuracy and timeliness in all communications and reports. Very strong written and oral communication skills and experience working within business critical environments are essential.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Creates Customer Impact Messages describing service impacts for Customer Care and T-Mobile business stakeholders.
- Supports inner-NOC and business partner communication delivery processes.
- Works with Emergency Management in support of Incident Control Team procedures for Disaster Recovery.
- Ensures regulatory compliance is met for qualifying outages, filing appropriate FCC notifications and PSAP notifications when warranted.
- Works as part of cross-functional team to conduct service level remote surveillance of performance dashboards, network weather maps, and social media feeds in order to detect and correlate emerging service issues.
- Works with network, enterprise, and customer facing teams to detect, coordinate, and respond to emerging service impacting issues that require outage notification.
- As part of Operations Support, will answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller.
- Works with more senior-level technicians to gain greater working knowledge of Technology network topology, services, and processes.
- Generate reports and presentations as needed; leveraging ITSM Tooling, BI reporting and MS Office products
- Assist in identification of problems and known errors
- Takes initiative to support manager with maintenance tasks, organizational support, and special projects to improve internal functioning of team
- Assist in the creation of new training and knowledge transfer materials
- Anticipate and champion needed communication to team, SME's, user community and partners
- Escalate issues timely, objectively and with sensitivity to team dynamics
- Demonstrate concise verbal and written communication that is targeted and appropriate to the needs of the audience
- Develop collaborative working relationships with individual contributors (SME's and partners) in assigned domain.
- Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation
- Grow breadth and depth of knowledge of T-Mobile businesses, processes, and technologies
- Knowledge of telecommunications networks (Intermediate knowledge preferred.)
- Basic concepts of IP Networking and IT Networks
- Strong listening skills, with the ability to recognize and record key data in the midst of competing conversations
- Ability to correlate causal effects from different information sources
- Great multitasking skills in fast paced environment, with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Good understanding of Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Great communications skills, oral and written. Emphasis on delivery of quality written messages which are grammatically & syntactically accurate with coherent content
- Ability to convey complex technical issues in layman's terms
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment; Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong communications/comprehension required
- Associates Degree
- Technical writing or commensurate training
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top