Specialist, Fraud Operations
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Fraud Analyst performs a detailed account analysis using weighted profiling and investigative data from multiple sources including the Fraud Management System (FMS), consumer credit analysis, third party and government resources, specific reports, etc. The Analyst interprets, organizes and compiles said data utilizing advanced investigative and analytical techniques to ascertain account status and pursues investigation closure according to findings.
- High School diploma or GED. Associates degree or above in Business Management, Criminal Justice, Finance or related discipline preferred
- Must be comfortable handling a high volume of inbound calls
- Proficiency in PC utilization in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to work non-standard hours including: Evenings, nights and weekends with frequent schedule changes.
- Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills.
- Skilled in assessing complex data via multiple sources.
- Professional demeanor and strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly explain complex issues and circumstances to laypersons, law enforcement and other applicable agencies.
- Critical focus on detail oriented workflow and investigation process.
- Ability to manage workload using effective prioritization and time management.
- Ability to operate in a high stress, accelerated pace environment while maintaining ability to shift priorities, as needed, in response to business demands.
- Excellent attendance and reliability record and ability to constructively work and participate in a team environment
- 12 months prior experience in the wireless industry
- Prior experience in fraud Investigation or closely related field preferred.
- Responsible to handle inbound calls from customers regarding all aspects of fraud and ID theft
- Perform in-depth account investigation and analysis.
- Effectively analyze, compile, organize and interpret data from multiple investigation resources.
- Form well-founded conclusions and pursue investigation closure according to established department and legal practices.
- Perform multi-layered link analysis of all fraudulent accounts and trends.
- Manage information of a proprietary and confidential nature, belonging to both customers and the corporation, adhering to both company and general legal guidelines.
- Coordinate with Loss Prevention and Corporate Investigations, when applicable, to pursue dealer audits, identification of fraud trends in cross functional groups.
- Ensure roamer reports issued per roaming agreements with other wireless carriers are evaluated for SDR threshold overage, high risk countries and identification of other areas for potential revenue loss via Fraudulent means.
- Provide accurate and professional advice and assistance to victims of identity theft regarding future protection on personal credit, pursing law enforcement intervention and any applicable third party and Federal agencies of use to victims of Identity theft.
- Adhere to and have knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations as contained in the Fair Credit Reporting, Telemarketing and Consumer Fraud Prevention acts. Pursue all investigative procedures in accordance with these federal statutes.
- Effectively analyze both business and consumer credit information via credit reporting bureau reports, utilize information in accordance with Federal law (Fair Credit Reporting Act).
- Process and complete all specialized reports and projects, as assigned by management.
- Actively evaluate policy and processes and recommend policy and efficiency improvements.
- Act as liaison for general law enforcement inquiries regarding an investigation or fraudulent account. Advise proper contact processes.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top