Software Engineer-Database Architecture & Engineering
- Frisco, TX
The Database Architecture and Engineering team provides operations and project engineering capabilities for the Data Services team which supports databases for all applications across T-Mobile. The scope includes all database lifecycle activities such as building database platforms, 24x7 support, performance enhancement, change management, tools evaluation and continuously improving them thus enabling faster, resilient and cost-efficient database solutions across the enterprise.
The Software Engineer designs and develops internal and external business systems and applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting or business intelligence systems as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. They build software and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases
- Understands in depth the TEQ platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What is current available, what is being built, integration/dependencies and the TEQ end-state view.
- Automation First that enables E2E traceability & transparency
- Drive building self-service, data driven, and decentralized decision making
- Deep understanding of the customer pain points and needs around Delivery. Customer Focused and Value based development.
Technology & System
- Hands-on code, build, automate, setup, configure, transform their given area
- Automation and Self-Service Mindset.
- Build APIs, open source plug-ins and self-service tools to invoke and integrate capabilities, platforms, solutions to empower CI/CD and DevOps resulting in increased time to value.
- Identify and automate all repeatable manual task
- Identify recurring problems and build automation solutions to auto-identify & remediate them
- Run Manual Test or Process/Procedures our customers perform to understand the pain and how to drive automation and building frameworks/tools/capabilities to support the enterprise
- Manage and provide design/code reviews for your vendor engineering resources - code reviews, standards enforcement, quality & SLA management.
- Monitor and manage the reports/SLAs of dev work and documentation is maintainedCustomer Engagement
- Understand your customer's pain points, challenges, requirements and provide an open feedback loop for continuous improvement. Build a partnering relationship with your customers. Know your customers, their architecture, their code, their pains, and how to best support them to optimize delivery & quality
- Understand latest technologies, continuously improve, optimize processes, automation, etc
- Experience and expertise in the technology stack, code, and processes for their domain/capability/platform area - SDLC tools, Environment, Release, Delivery Pipeline, Assets, Security, Functional Testing, Automation, SV, Performance, Data Services, etc.
- Kubernetes, Cloud, Container experience required.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 2+ years' Application / Database Development Experience.
- 2+ years' professional experience designing and developing solutions on two or more of the following (MySQL, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB and Cassandra).
- 2+ years' professional experience using 2 or more development languages or tools (e.g., C#, Python, Node.js, J2EE Application Framework, T-SQL etc.).
- 2+ years' professional experience designing and developing applications on one operating system (Linux or Windows) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- 2+ years' work experience as a Software Engineer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Has experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- May require up to 10% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to other T-Mobile technology centers.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top