Software Development Engineer in Test
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDescription
Do you enjoy building innovative solutions that solve real engineering problems at scale? Do you enjoy moving fast and breaking things responsibly? This is the position for you.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) within the Finance Revenue Team will tackle a variety of technical challenges and plays an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and building test systems in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. This role is a core member of the development team and participates in the complete development lifecycle process. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses.
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle.
- Hands-on experience developing robust and resilient test automation with test automation tools such as [Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin, Protractor, Spring Cloud Contract] or other test frameworks.
- Minimum 2 years' professional experience developing robust and resilient test automation 3 or more automation tools (e.g., Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmine, Protractor, etc.).
- Hands-on experience setting up Continuous Test pipelines including quality gates using tools like Jenkins, TeamCity and others.
- Coordinates, develops and maintains all test activities.
- Ensures requirements and/or user stories are testable.
- Clarifies any ambiguity with requirements, user stories, design and other artifacts produced as part of the product lifecycle.
- Provides estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Manages defects.
- Influences and drives quality across teams, disciplines, and the organization.
- Performs system-wide root cause analyses and drives improvements.
- Contributes in code review.
- Contributes in Design and Design Reviews.
- Liaison with end-to-end test execution team.
- Closely coordinates with both Dev and Ops regarding testing practices and ensuring quality thresholds are met. Needs to have authority/mandate on quality (acceptable thresholds, decisioning on what we defer along with product owner).
- Design, develop, and maintain automation systems and tools to be used by development and test engineers.
- Analyze user requirements as well as product architecture/design to derive testing requirements.
- Design and author test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing (where applicable).
- Write and execute automated and manual tests as needed to provide an ongoing measure of the quality of the product.
- Analyze code coverage using industry standard tools such as SonarQube.
- Provide assessment on product quality and release readiness to Product Owner and other relevant stakeholders
- Works with Test Data Management teams to provide test data by request, creation or modification for all phases of the delivery process via a repeatable and automated process.
- Grow and maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Manages and grooms the automated and manual test suites regularly to ensure proper balance between coverage and fast feedback cycles.
- Ensures automated tests are integrated into the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/IT or related degree. Additional experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top