Software Developer - DevOps
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAn innovative development role on a fun and fast pace team. This role will focus on the development, configuration, and design of our Kronos application (version 8) which includes Timekeeper, Advanced Scheduler, Accruals, Forecasting, Budgeting, systems interfaces, databases, test automation, reporting, and Analytics/business intelligence system.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 5 years of professional IT development experience using Kronos WIM, Kronos Configuration, SDM, SQL Server Client and Visual Studio Client tools.
- Strong experience in WIM Design, Development, Kronos Configuration, Maintenance & Support
- Minimum 5 Years Kronos Application Development Experience.
- Minimum of five years work experience as a Kronos developer is desirable, preferably in the Retail industry.
- Has had development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead developer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 developers.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Has provided tier 4 production support.
- Knowledge of Kronos Standard API's .
- Extensive knowledge of table and database structure for Kronos WFC
- Extensive knowledge of all Kronos retail modules including Advanced Scheduler, Timekeeping, Forecasting, Budgeting, and Analytics.
- Must have SQL Server Management Studio client development experience, should be able to write complex SQL queries including Functions and Stored Procedures.
- Design and develop Kronos WIM integrations/interfaces, Database objects and Reports, front end configuration, as required to deliver new functionality supporting T-Mobile business.
- Leads moderately complex projects, often mentoring and providing guidance to team members at an Assoc. Developer or Developer level, and will work under the guidance of a Principal or Sr. Developer on complex projects.
- Tests deliverables against a user story's acceptance tests.
- Performs Analysis on Kronos Retail Modules and provides technical solution recommendations.
- Performs peer reviews.
- Collaborates with architects and other developers on design.
- Helps remove technical impediments raised by the team.
- Partners with SDET, App Ops, etc.
- May be assigned Scrum Master responsibilities on development initiatives.
- Contribute to and work to meet feature delivery schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on user story progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect success to management.
- Work on integrations with other systems including but limited to: commissions systems, ADP or other payrol systems, Workday or other HR Management Systems, Aon Hewitt or other benifit systems, and BI systems.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications or User Stories.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results
- Develop or update support documentation as needed by the DevOps function and participate in Peer Review to allow acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages with an eye towards autmated regression and unit test scripts, and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide active resolution support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of product enhancements and support.
Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top