Site Development Manager
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSite Development Manager
The Site Development Manager will provide leadership, expertise, communications, quality control, guidance and support for national cell site leasing programs related but not limited to lease terminations, enhancements, and renewals. Provides value by ensuring the consistent high quality and timeliness of delivery of operational and project-based national development activities. Is the central point of contact and responsibility for planning, coordinating, resourcing, communicating, executing, and controlling strategic programs initiated by T-Mobile HQ. Ensures consistency in processes, reporting, forecasting, data integrity, siting solutions, vendor qualification, vendor contract management, and vendor pricing.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in wireless site development
- Proven expertise terminating large numbers of leases for various cell site structures with all landlord types in numerous markets
- Familiarity with leases and licenses for both Macro cell sites and DAS systems
- Understanding of issues and processes related to the renewal of expiring leases
- Experience work with attorneys and resolving legal matters
- Solid proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically in the use of Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all employee levels and levels of management
- Ability to negotiate vendor contracts, master agreements, cell site leases with any/all existing or potential landlords (e.g. public agencies, private corporations, private citizens and non-profit agencies).
- General knowledge of general accounting practices including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Proven ability to identify project impacting issues, able to work with more senior members of the Project Management team to develop and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of cell site development processes and issues including but not limited to construction, logistics, real estate acquisition, zoning, and site compliance
- Strong knowledge of cell site development processes and issues including but not limited to construction, logistics, real estate acquisition, zoning, and site compliance.
- Knowledge of materials used in telecommunications facilities site design
- Familiarity with environmental reports and government approvals
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of site development and wireless network operations, including knowledge of lease terms or contracts and understanding of legal proceedings
- Interest in acquiring advanced working knowledge of finance and strategy
- Group facilitation, engagement, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in developing and delivering professional presentations
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Advanced Degree in Business, Legal or Project Management a plus
License or Certification
PMP Certification a plus
- Resource Management: Serves as a liaison between T-Mobile HQ and Markets in developing, recommending, and/or implementing strategic and tactical initiatives; driving standards, improving practices, and developing policies. Develops, recommends, and/or implements strategic initiatives associated with improving practices; manages establishment and development of policies; establishes schedules, collaborates with inter- and intra-departmental stakeholders on content and processes
- Project Scheduling: Creates work breakdown structures, develops and updates project schedules/plans with actual and forecasted deliverable, and manages deviations from plan with help from the upper level Project Managers. Monitors actual project progress, compares to baseline, and reports progress against schedule. Documents, obtains approval for, and tracks all changes in project parameters. Produces project reports and notifications as appropriate and communicates project status to respective internal and external stakeholders and project sponsor.
- Project Status: Attends Management and Development project team meetings as required to keep the project team informed about the progress of the project. Participates in or conducts project reviews with stakeholders as necessary to perform ongoing assessments on the progress of projects. Assists upper level Project Manager to provide oversight, tactical input, expertise, communications, quality control, training, reporting, and general administrative support between development organization groups (Regional Development team, markets, and other regional groups and HQ). Interfaces effectively within and outside engineering with Radio Frequency, Facilities, Field and Network Operations, Performance, Billing, Property Management, Regulatory, and Legal. Ensures required review of all project documentation and approvals according to company standards and processes. Closes all project documentation and archives actual appropriate records and achievements for estimating future similar projects upon project completion or premature cessation.
- Vendor Management: Researches, identifies, evaluates, and/or facilitates the selection of potential vendor partners to facilitate the deployment process as the project demands. Upon selection of a viable candidate, writes and/or contributes to RFQ/RFPs, contract and contract negotiations, development of Scope of Work, and vendor selection based on vendor capabilities, resources, and venue requirements. Responsible for managing vendors to deliverables.
Risk Management: Identifies risks in projects and applies techniques to assess and mitigate the risks using the help and support from the upper level Project Managers and project sponsors. Participates in project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation. Forecasts the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and reports impact to project team, sponsor, and other Project Managers. Follows appropriate procedure to escalate potential issues to achieve resolution. General/Physical Requirements
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through various written communication methods. Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and in
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top