Site Development Manager
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Site Development Manager – ACS Team
The Site Development Manager will report to the Alternative Coverage Solutions Manager, Acquisition, and will provide leadership, expertise, communications, quality control, guidance and support for venue site development activities and partner management. The Site Development Manager is responsible for delivering site license agreements to allow T-Mobile to design, build and operate in-building solutions in strategic venues across the country. The role includes forecasting all major leasing milestones, frequent and direct interface with market, regional, and national teams as well as driving production on acquisition related functions. Proven success in building, developing and maintaining client and vendor relationships. Possess strong negotiation and professional communication skills. Ensures consistency in processes, reporting, forecasting, data integrity.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in wireless site development or similar project management experience in telecommunications real estate development or venue acquisition activities
- Solid proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically in the use of Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all employee levels and levels of management
- General knowledge of accounting practices including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Proven ability to identify project impacting issues, able to work with more senior members of the Management team to develop and implement solutions.
- Strong knowledge of venue development processes and issues with specific expertise in the areas but not limited to: contract negotiation, real estate acquisition, site compliance and external affairs
- Ability to negotiate vendor contracts, master agreements, venue leases
- Strong understanding of wireless venue development process and familiarity with pre-construction milestones. Experience managing Business Requirements, Project Plans, Project Schedules and associated project materials
- Interest in acquiring advanced working knowledge of finance and strategy
- Group facilitation, engagement, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in developing and delivering professional presentations
- Experience in negotiating agreements for major in-building projects
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred. Telecommunications, Business, Engineering or Legal
License or Certification
- PMP Certification Preferred
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through various written communication methods. Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership. This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership. Experience with venue acquisition preferred.
- Resource Management: Develops strong working relationships with team members and fosters the development of cross-functional teamwork in order to ensure high quality and timely delivery of acquisition related services, activities, and support.
- Project Scheduling: Creates work breakdown structures, develops and updates project schedules/plans with actual and forecasted deliverable, and manages deviations from plan with help from the upper level Managers. Monitors actual project progress, compares to baseline, and reports progress against schedule. Documents, obtains approval for, and tracks all changes in project parameters. Produces project reports and notifications as appropriate and communicates project status to respective internal and external stakeholders.
- Project Status: Attends Management and Development project team meetings as required to keep the project team informed about the progress of the project. Participates in or conducts project reviews with stakeholders as necessary to perform ongoing assessments on the progress of projects. Assists upper level Manager to provide oversight, tactical input, expertise, communications, quality control, training, reporting, and general administrative support between development organization groups (Regional Development team, markets, and other regional groups and Headquarters). Interfaces effectively within and outside engineering with Radio Frequency, Facilities, Field and Network Operations, Performance, Billing, Property Management, Regulatory, and Legal. Ensures required review of all project documentation and approvals according to company standards and processes. Closes all project documentation and archives actual appropriate records and achievements for estimating future similar projects upon project completion or premature cessation.
- Partner Management: Researches, identifies, evaluates, and/or facilitates the selection of potential vendor partners to facilitate the deployment process as the project demands. Upon selection of a viable candidate, writes and/or contributes to RFQ/RFPs, contract and contract negotiations, development of Scope of Work, and vendor selection based on vendor capabilities, resources, and venue requirements. Responsible for managing vendors to deliverables.
- Risk Management: Identifies risks in projects and applies techniques to assess and mitigate the risks using the help and support from the upper level Project Managers and project sponsors. Participates in project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation. Forecasts the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and reports impact to project team, sponsor, and other Project Managers. Follows appropriate procedure to escalate potential issues to achieve resolution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top