Senior Technical Product Owner
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comJOB SUMMARY
The Senior Technical Product Manager will partner with internal/external stakeholders and Leadership to understand the business and technology landscape of the HR, Legal and Procurement internal customers and creatively define solutions in support of new product offerings, alleviating employee experience pain points and improving architecture. The Sr. TPM will own the product end-to-end, create and manage product vision, strategy and roadmap, and lead cross functional teams to deliver high quality products. The Sr. TPM will be adept in balancing technical knowledge and business acumen, possess great leadership, management, communication and people skills.
The Sr. TPM demonstrates competency in program management, executive communication, customer focus, change and innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership. This individual should be able to independently envision and drive assigned projects /programs with minimal supervision, and should have strong executive presence as well as communication skills.REQURIED EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, and System Analyst experience in an agile software product development environment.
- Proven success in directing matrixed resources and delivering software, with Agile Scrum methodologies, across multiple teams.
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest.
- Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology initiatives.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated application of all facets of systems development lifecycle and technology operations.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify/analyze/synthesize product use data and use the data to drive decisions.
- Collaboratively and objectively assesses benefits, costs, and viability of proposed solution options and drives alignment across a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to leverage business knowledge, sound judgement, and resourcefulness to determine appropriate course of action in challenging, ambiguous situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to engage with and present ideas to senior leadership. Provides key input to facilitate decision-making process.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Agile Project Management
- Use and scale Agile concepts to multiple teams and programs to solve challenges and lay the foundation for tracking enterprise capacity
- Product Management
- Set the product vision; develop the overall product hypothesis
- Requirements Gathering
- Review business requirements from multiple user areas to ensure compatibility and eliminate conflicting needs
- Identify all points of contact from the system perspective and establish contact with necessary players
- Make recommendations and decisions when gaps, conflicts or inconsistencies exist in the requirements
- Examine the entire business application from aspects of workflow and end user
- Design Thinking
- Understand what customer needs and use emotional language (words that concern desires, aspirations, engagement, and experience) to describe products and users
- Plan and direct generation of the design artifact
- Construct prototypes for challenging requirements, both digital and physical
- Solution Design
- Model and visualize solutions before all the information is available
- Add or maintain value as integrated elements of a whole solution
- User Experience
- Work with a long term perspective, plan efficient actions, and establish strategies for engaging consumers in a long term relationship
- Coach others on identifying long-term business opportunities in response to consumer behavior
- Implement organizational change in processes and procedures which support a consumer-centric focus
- Foster a consumer focused culture by reinforcing and encouraging the sharing of information
- Relationship Building and Influence
- Effectively persuade a diverse audience across IT and the Business with the desired outcomes
- Proactively manage approach to be taken for various stakeholders
- Stakeholder Alignment
- Develop and maintain relationships with mid-level stakeholder executives
- Proactively work with internal stakeholders to identify problems, resolutions, and opportunities
- Change and Innovation
- Recognized across the platform as an innovator and coach others on innovation techniques by challenging ideas and directing individuals to resources that can enhance the innovation process across teams
- Encourage new ideas, approaches, and processes that drive business results.
- Customer Focus
- Design systems and procedures based on the macro analysis that support the diagnostic of the current and future needs
- Explain the requirements to the customers in terms of benefits and costs, on a business level
- Promote policy that focus on long term customer relationship
- Lead regional and global teams of multi-skilled individuals and promote co-operative working relationships.
- Set a positive example for teaming and partnership within the team/organization
- Coach other on the new ways of teaming and collaboration
- Business Functional Knowledge (HR, Legal, Procurement)
- Use knowledge of business imperatives to identify improvement opportunities for the organization which align with business strategy
- Anticipate significant issues and challenges influencing the organization's business environment
- Technology Trends
- Adapt practice from other industries and participate actively in related communities
- Proactively seek opportunities to identify and recommend change to architecture to enable integration/utilization of emerging technologies
- Business Needs Analysis
- Develop new model/techniques for architecting business processes that set precedents within the industry
- Collaborate with industry peers to Identify new/unique opportunities
- Formulate IT strategy to drive adoption of business needs
- Business Product Knowledge
- Drive thought leadership on future direction of business products aligning with business and cross-product strategies
- Set direction on evaluation across business products to help drive prioritization and maximum return on business product investment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) preferred.
- Tool Knowledges: Rally, QC, Vision, Web Sequence and Confluence, Swagger UI/Editor and SQL
- May require up to 15% of domestic overnight travel.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS of the job:
- Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods.
- This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top