Senior Technical Product Manager
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Senior Solution Owner demonstrates competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.
This role owns technology solutions and products, and plays a critical role on mid-to-large sized initiatives, leading scoping discussions, MVP determination, technical visioning and setting the overall technical delivery strategy. This individual partners with the business to drive prioritization and solution delivery approach, and across technology groups to ensure design and delivery of a complete and concise solution that addresses the business need.
- 5+ years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, and System Analyst experience in an agile software product development environment.
- Proven success in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest.
- Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology initiatives.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify/analyze/synthesize product use data and use the data to drive decisions.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated application of all facets of systems development lifecycle and technology operations.
- Collaboratively and objectively assesses benefits, costs, and viability of proposed solution options and drives alignment across a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to leverage business knowledge, sound judgement, and resourcefulness to determine appropriate course of action in challenging, ambiguous situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to engage with and present ideas to senior leadership. Provides key input to facilitate decision-making process.
- Proficieny in MS Office suite.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) preferred.Tool Knowledges: Rally, QC, Vision, Web Sequence and Confluence, Swagger UI/Editor and SQL
- Partner with internal/external stakeholders and Leadership to understand the business and technology landscape, define and manage scope that is being requested
- Act as a SME for one or more capabilities across channels, understand and be aware of the nuances across channels.
- Assist business in leveraging (where advisable) standard process/system capabilities to reduce complexity and customization
- Research, identify and drive improvements to project efficiency, speed and quality via new cross-team synergies, methods, and tools
- Responsible for driving and documenting design of capabilities/product offerings across different applications and different channels
- Alleviate customer experience pain points and contribute to overall architecture & design improvements
- Plan, facilitate, and participate in working design sessions with cross-functional resources.
- Owns team backlog and implementation; contributes to vision and program backlog
- Leads grooming sessions, establishes story acceptance criteria, accepts stories
- Author Sequence diagrams, customer experience component design, Solution Design, data mapping etc
- Primary point contact to enable dev factory with definition of ready (user stories with all the needed info to enable dev teams)
- Support initiative to improve solution quality (assisting in defect triage, defect resolution and support etc)
- Coordinate and/or create process playbacks and prototype reviews with business owners and internal review team
- Provide demos to stakeholders, testing leads, and peer Technical Product Management teams as needed
- Able to work by incorporating standards like enterprise security, CPNI etc.
- Provide accurate estimates of effort and timelines for completion of assigned tasks and workload to achieve deliverables and goals, delivering on time and on estimation for medium to complex projects.
- Take initiative to determine the need and to design and deliver training to department and business.
- Initiate and execute initiatives to improve the processes, procedures, and tools utilized by the team.
- Create and deliver articulate and effective oral presentations to a variety of audiences, large or small, internal or external, business or technical.
- Effectively manages analyst expectations and deliverables in large and complex projects through the software development lifecycle.
- Review and reconciles project delivery to strategic EIT capability roadmap.
- Acts as primary point of contact for intake process to DevOps technology teams.
- Owns the product end to end as well as roadmap at the technology/functional level.
- Partners with business and internal/external stakeholders to understand current customer experiences, identifies areas of opportunity, create and manage product vision and roadmap.
- Manages product backlog and priorities with our business and technology partners.
- Leads product backlog grooming sessions partnering with key resources.
- Views the "big picture" of challenges impacting the customer experience, including the technical, functional, process, and policy considerations, and creatively defines solutions to those challenges.
- Informs and evangelizes a strong customer focus and customer experience that aligns decision making with IT investment choices and prioritization.
- Works with business to identify and articulate initiative scope, benefits and ROI.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to plan and manage product releases.
- Partners with the business to drive strategy, prioritization, approach, and goals of initiative.
- Prepares high level solution design presentations for leadership review.
- Functions as a key project decision maker.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top