Senior Product Manager, Consumer Banking
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comT-Mobile is focused on continued growth and expansion both inside and outside the wireless industry. As part of our continued push to revolutionize wireless, we have a strategic interest to expand into revenue streams adjacent to T-Mobile's core business. Financial Services is the largest, most proximate adjacent opportunity and presents a unique opportunity to leverage our Un-carrier brand equities to create a disruptive and strategically vital reinvention of banking through a combination of expanded access, market-leading mobile-first functionality and unmatched value.
As a key member of the Emerging Businesses team within the Corporate Strategy organization, the Senior Product Manager, Consumer Banking, will assist in developing the strategy and vision for our banking business and then define and build the necessary products to fulfill that vision. You will be able to excel in a matrixed organization, rallying and guiding internal and external support for your products and vision. You will be innately customer focused, able to balance competing trade-offs between customer experience and development and operational complexity. Most importantly, you believe traditional banking is a broken industry ripe for mobile-first, Un-carrier disruption.
While the quality and accomplishments of a person's career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- 7+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of experience building and launching consumer products on web and mobile platforms.
- Agile product owner experience managing an agile team, writing detailed business requirements, maintaining product backlog.
- Experience creating both web and mobile product experiences.
- Experience taking a product from concept to launch.
- Experience in consumer financial services and payments (exposure to EFT networks, understanding of card transaction flows and/or money movement) preferred.
- Unusually strong commercial judgement and maturity. Strengths in problem solving and issue resolution.
- Excellent organization and people skills, and ability to set priorities, problem solve, and multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is required. A Master's degree in a technical field or an MBA is preferred.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Highly entrepreneurial.
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, continually shifting environment.
- Think big and have convictions.
- Innately customer focused.
- Detail oriented with relentlessly high standards.
- Hands on. You roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- A sense of humor (and humility).
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Drive banking and payments innovation, grounded in customer needs.
- Keep abreast of state of the art in mobile application technology, Fintech, and mobile & web user experiences.
- Be a product owner and champion own the experience from developing the core capability to bringing it alive through a simple, beautiful & effective customer interface.
- Create and define product roadmaps driven by business strategy and emerging technology trends.
- Develop detailed business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture.
- Lead teams to think, fail and iterate fast with research and learning, rapid prototyping, and market tests.
- Use data and product instrumentation to continually and objectively measure and improve customer satisfaction.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top