Senior Performance Validation Engineer
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSenior Performance Validation Engineer
The Performance Validation team is responsible for evaluating device, network and end to end performance in the T-Mobile labs. As mobile device complexity and power continue to evolve, the importance of evaluating device and network interaction significantly increases. Engineers on this team have the opportunity to do hands on evaluation of new LTE devices with the latest Radio Access Network (RAN) and IMS features in lab environments, followed by post launch performance analysis in the T-Mobile network.
The Sr. Performance Validation Engineer will be responsible for leading performance evaluations in T-Mobile labs of new device, Radio Access Network and IMS features prior to launch and deployment.Requirements:
- 5+ years' experience advanced understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, technologies (LTE/UMTS/GSM) and concepts with focus on handsets, radio networks and IMS core.
- 5+ years' experience hands on experience with network and handset validation.
- 5+ years' experience with IP and LAN/WAN technologies. CCNA certification is preferred.
- Understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, CTIA, etc and demonstrated capability in applying the standards to work.
- 5+ years' experience configuring and utilizing network simulators (Rhode & Schwartz, Anritsu, Anite) for device validation.
- Experience with configuring and utilizing RF fading simulators and device automation scripting.
- General proficiency with Protocol analyzer tools Wireshark, Iris, QXDM, device/handset logging and other network/handset vendor tools.
- 5+ years' experience with analyzing and optimizing RF performance of RAN or handset.
- 5+ years' experience in programming/Scripting in multiple languages.
- Ability to work cross functionally to identify network and device issues.
- Able to work flexible hours, self- motivated and ability to work under pressure, good interpersonal skills.
- Able to travel to lead/support field trials.
Education and experience:
Bachelor's degree (CS, EE, ect) (Masters in EE/CS preferred) or 15+ years equivalent experience
Get ready for more with T-Mobile: career growth, personal recognition, and a diverse, high-energy culture are just the beginning. You'll also enjoy competitive pay, special employee phone plans, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, medical and dental coverage, a great company-matched 401(k) plan, advanced training, and more.
At T-Mobile everyone has a voice! We strongly support diversity in the workforce and T-mobile is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Post Launch Device Performance: Lead investigations and analysis of device performance on network after product launch. Support operations on device/network inter-operability investigations.
Smart Labs: Evaluate interactions, performance tradeoffs and post launch issues of new Radio network and IMS technologies with newly release T-Mobile mobile devices.
Test Plan and Test Bed: Create detailed test plans required to demonstrate performance of new network/device features. Configure network test bed, simulators and handsets required to execute performance validation.
Handset Performance Validation: Evaluate device performance (RF, Data, Audio, Battery, Video, Bluetooth, Wifi) against T-Mobile network lab configurations and network simulators.
Device & Chipset Feature Set Review: Review device/chipset High Level Feature Set, IOT reports and Statement of Compliance documents prior to lab entry.
Performance and Test Automation: Demonstrate performance gains of new technologies through automation of device and network behavior and by utilization of simulators for mobility, network impairment and traffic loading. We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top