Senior Engineer, Next Gen Core Network Validation - WebRTC
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSenior Engineer, Next Gen Core Network Validation
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital Global System for Mobile Communications/ General Packet Radio Service (GSM/GPRS) wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Engineer, Systems Design & Strategy located in Bellevue, WA will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the engineering certification of various Next Generation core network IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) platforms and Services, LTE Core including, Network functions virtualization (NFV), hardware (HW) and software (SW) of new technology features and inter-Operability testing.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for defining validation strategies for new product introduction within the IMS Core Network. The Senior Engineer is responsible for mentoring and coaching across engineering teams on next Generation Core network implementation through Player-Coach model. He / She is expected to do validation management lifecycle of engineering services within one or more T-Mobile lines of business.
The Senior Engineer shall serve as the central resource of subject matter expertise for the Engineering validation organization in all aspects of E2E network and device validation for IMS, VoLTE, ViLTE, RCS, WebRTC, DIGITS.
The Senior Engineer shall lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver / deploy engineering platforms and services to market through organizing large scale technical analysis and architectural efforts spanning multiple departments.
The holder of this position must have a very good understanding of technology evolution and will drive design and implementation of products per the business requirements.Qualifications
Functional and technical skill requirements:
- 5+ years working with IMS/ICS, RCS, WebRTC Gateway, P-CSCF, VoLTE, ViLTE,Telecommunications, GSM technologies architectures and relevant protocols
- 5+ years' experience in E2E IMS and Validation
- Experience in managing vendors and driving roadmap requirements
- 5+ years of SIP, Diameter, GTP, RTP, TCP IP,TLS, SRTP, RTCP, REST,
- Ability to understand and reference 3GPP and OMA specifications
- Experience in working in large cross functional teams
- Experience (4) [R&D Lab - system Engineering and validation].
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, electronic, telecommunications, or computer engineering or related field or the foreign equivalent and 5 years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate relevant work experience.
- Master's Degree in electrical, electronic, telecommunications, or computer engineering or related field or the foreign equivalent and 3 years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate relevant work experience.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Good knowledge of network function virtualization IMS and basic understanding of NFV Openstack based Telecom applications.
- Own and drive high quality requirement specifications and support documentation for new IMS/VoLTE services.
- Provide recommendations for vendor selections through Proof of Concept testing.
- Own the product functionality and focus on solving platform and interoperability issues.
- Together with handsets architects define specifications for handsets/handset clients to support new services. Lead vendors/partners through handset application development projects in relation to new services.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Handset teams, EIT, Care and other stakeholders to implement and certify new products and services with focus on customer experience.
- Collaborate with peer teams to generate a support / troubleshooting strategy to resolve issues in the shortest timeframe possible.
- Strive to exceed customer expectations in all our projects. Can successfully conduct customer impact assessments upon request.
- Provide feedback to the business owners for future development of the Product Roadmap..
- Support product business owners in definition and management of product roadmap and business cases for new services as well as enhancement of existing services.
- Validate design aspects of new HW and SW releases for platforms.
- Responsible for the evaluation, lab testing, certification, and engineering conformance of the interworking nodes through lab exit.
- Identify the impacts and risks of solutions introduction, and make recommendations on solutions evolution.
- Plan, design and deliver solutions that improve the customer experience in terms of capacity, functionality, services, and end-user perception.
- Interact with third party suppliers and other service / product development organizations and participate in product/service releases.
- Perform E2E design validation of HLR and HSS products of Nokia Siemens USD, perform UMTS certifications, perform IP Multimedia Services (IMS) platform certification and deliver accurate documentation and updates for successful lab certification and completion.
- Liaise with vendors and serve internal customers for new and sustained core network engineering features and technology/products testing and validation.
- Provide practical training sessions for other engineers in TMO Innovation and network integration lab.
- Be able to use automation frameworks and basic scripting as part of validation efforts.
- LI-TECH-AS1We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top