Senior Director, Product Management Device Lifecycle
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Senior Director Product Management (Device Lifecycle), reports directly to the Vice President, OEM Sourcing & Management.
As the Un-Carrier, T-Mobile is changing the ways of wireless and in turn, we are streamlining the way we do business internally in order to produce the best services and products for our customers.
In the newly developed Device & Procurement (D&P) Organization, the Device Lifecycle and Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Sales & Distribution are being combined into a single function. The Senior Director will provide the leadership required to drive CPO success while providing stronger, more autonomous leadership to drive device launches. The launch of a new device, and the consumer and frontline perception related to the launch, is critical to drive success of a device in the market. A poor launch can result in bad customer experience, negative brand reputation, strain OEM relations, and drive millions of dollars in inventory exposure. The Senior Director will lead the team accountable for driving the commercial launch and performance for all strategic and non-strategic devices in T-Mobile portfolio and will ensure that all facets and elements of device launch are seamlessly integrated and flawlessly executed by driving device quality, device supply, device marketing, IT readiness, Retail readiness, and all other sales channels.
The Senior Director Product Management will be responsible for all enterprise aspects of device launch (testing, inventory, frontline training, marketing, systems, etc.). S/he will also be responsible for in market performance and end-of-life execution.While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the strategic drivers of in market performance — frontline and consumer perception, device performance, hardware issues, software issues, etc.
- Proven success working cross-functionally in a large, complex organization.
- Strong operational background.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining, developing and transforming internal and external customer relationships.
- Strategic ability to creatively find win-win solutions.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- An innovative thinker that can respectfully challenge status quo and drive change.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Proven skill in accelerating change; forward looking.
- Assertive and able to influence across all levels, including influencing others without direct position power.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- An inspirational leader, mentor and motivator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator who speaks with authority and conviction.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated sound business judgment.
- Organizational agility and the ability to read the subtle nuances of a situation and react/plan accordingly.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and manage available resources.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for individual in-market device performance including sales volume, remorse volume, and warranty volume on every device post-launch.
- Leads a team accountable to drive seamless and integrated execution of MDF promotions, pricing, etc. across marketing and sales channels while ensuring all consumer-facing marketing materials are in line with brand standards of OEMs.
- Leverage and steer OEMs and internal partners to rapidly drive consumer-facing, frontline, and technical solutions that addresses performance factors in market.
- Accountable to execute device end-of-life (EOL).
- Leads team responsible for all CPO device sales and distribution for T-Mobile, in which there are approximately 9MM used devices every year.
- Drive all facets of CPO sales and distribution for the enterprise requiring deep engagement with sales channels to drive the product success.
- Re-manufacture phones that have come back and work with cross-brands on how to best monetize those used devices.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top