Senior Director, OEM Management
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Senior Director, OEM Management, reports directly to the Vice President, OEM Sourcing & Management.
In the spirit of Un-carrier, T-Mobile is focused on continued growth and strategic expansion both inside the wireless industry and out. As part of the continued push to revolutionize the industry, the organization has a strategic interest to streamline how we do business in order to deliver top quality services and products to our customers. The Senior Director will partner with OEMs and drive the negotiations, decision, and OEM performance across: Promos, marketing development funds, inventory, quality, payment terms, etc. during all phases of the device lifecycle.
The Senior Director will lead all enterprise aspects of device launch (testing, inventory, frontline training, marketing, systems, etc.). S/he will also be responsible for in market performance and end-of-life execution.While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- A hands-on leader with a roll up sleeves mentality.
- Strong business acumen and powerful negotiation skills.
- Analytical by nature. Deep knowledge and understanding of overall business and marketing objectives.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to work cross-functionally through a large, fast-paced and complex organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel, especially to APAC Region.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- An innovative thinker that can respectfully challenge status quo and drive change.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Proven skill in accelerating change; forward looking.
- Assertive and able to influence across all levels, including influencing others without direct position power.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- An inspirational leader, mentor and motivator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator who speaks with authority and conviction.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated sound business judgment.
- Organizational agility and the ability to read the subtle nuances of a situation and react/plan accordingly.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and manage available resources.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Drive the implementation of strategy and plans and present to senior executives/SLT to drive key device roadmap and OEM decisions.
- Create OEM strategic leverage on OEM big betsbeyond device activities.
- Serve as the key decision maker for inventory purchases above and/or below baseline sales/demand forecast.
- Collaborate with senior executive leaders across Marketing, Sales, Corporate Strategy, Engineering, Finance, Metro, OEMs (e.g. Apple, Samsung, Google, LG, Motorola, Amazon).
- Globally source, negotiate, and select devices and accessories within defined commercial and technical specifications to drive customer sales, billions on network technology efficiencies, and optimized investment for $15B in annual device investment.
- Manage OEMs and internal functions through the development, test, and launch of all devices within the T-Mobile portfolio.
- Negotiate win-win promotional and contractual agreements with OEMs that balance TMUS marketing net add goals, OEM purchase goals, device quality, operating free cash flow inventory, payment terms, etc. to drive market and financial advantage to TMUS.
- Manage OEMs and internal parties to drive device quality and device performance in market
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top