Senior Director, Business Intelligence Development
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Senior Director, Business Intelligence Development will partner with SeniorBusiness and EIT leaders and numerous other functions to drive the creation,endorsement, and delivery of business intelligence solutions which guide T-Mobilethrough the acquisition and implementation of enabling technology within a cohesiveecosystem, creating efficient and innovative platforms for internal and externalcustomers.
The Senior Director, Business Intelligence Development is responsible for establishingand defining the technology strategy and capabilities with respect to business criticaldata and information across T-Mobile, MetroPCS and partnership brands. The Senior
Director will drive the transformation of both the delivery methodology and businessintelligence platforms with respect to performance, quality, availability andinformation security, while shifting the emphasis towards a solution which focuses on
analytics and insights to address future Un-carrier initiatives. This inspirational leaderwill ignite an internal team transformation focused on delivering new and innovativetechnology solutions to support the broader data goals of the business and T-Mobile.Significant emphasis will be placed on identifying talent and opportunities forinnovation in order to ensure T-Mobile success in an increasingly competitive and fastmoving industry landscape.While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining
factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- Deep experience in leading software development, large scale implementation and operational responsibility of business intelligence platforms, decision support systems and reporting tools.
- Possess a thorough understanding of business intelligence solutions design and delivery including big data platforms and information management strategies in a large, complex organization.
- Deep technical understanding of data warehouse and big data design principles, data quality, cloud architecture, data as a service, data security and integration best practices.
- Deep experience and proven success and flexibility in combining/ crossing delivery life cycles using both waterfall and agile methodologies as well as extensive experience with enterprise level data architecture, modelling and data security.
- Ability to lead and drive organizational and cultural change as well as build and develop a high functioning team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology required; Master’s Degree in Technology or MBA is highly preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop, Teradata, Oracle or similar is required.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth and transformation.
- Thinks conceptually and acts tactically to realize vision by phases.
- Strategically minded, contributing to the development of a coherent and comprehensive strategic vision.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Operates in a challenging delivery environment with the ability to drive order and structure.
- Ability to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team environment focused on delivering results.
- Evaluates talent and drives organizational maturity to achieve delivery goals.
- Accountable for metric- based solutions and outcomes.
- Holds others accountable by monitoring progress and giving effective feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Takes a constructive and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Professional with a high degree of integrity and honesty.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Define and develop the strategy for new platform development while executingalong a variety of SDLC methods, with emphasis on moving the organizationtowards an Agile methodology.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the strategic direction, lifecycle planningand alignment with the capabilities roadmap for all aspects of data management.
- Understand, consult and translate business needs into achievable, sustainableand innovative technical solutions and capability roadmaps.
- Build and lead a team transformation of 50 full time employees and up to 400contractor resources with significant focus on reducing the reliance anddependency of external resources.
- Consult with the Business Intelligence Steering Committee and primary businessstakeholders to evangelize and align the business intelligence strategy across allfunctions and levels within the organization.
- Continually assess and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies against thestrategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in aconsultative capacity.
- Develop and motivate a high caliber, team-oriented engineeringand operations organization that promotes excellence and rewards results.
- Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivatedand effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top