Senior Corporate Counsel-Employment and Labor
This attorney, working in the Legal Department, will represent T-Mobile and provide counsel to the business units and Human Resources on employment related legal matters as assigned; and prepare and review legal documents including briefs, position statements, and other filings.
- Engage and work with outside counsel to manage employment litigation and administrative proceedings
- Work with internal clients to manage labor and employment legal risk
- Act as subject matter expert for specialty area(s) (Discrimination, ADA, FMLA, etc)
- Draft and review employment related policies
- Train internal clients on legal requirements
- Counsel and advise business clients on a wide variety of complex and developing employment related legal and business issues
- Support senior attorneys on litigation, research and analysis
- 8+ years, of experience as an employment attorney, with relevant in-house and/or top law firm experience
- Minimum 5 years, prefer 8+ years, of experience handling employment litigation
- Significant experience litigating wage hour class actions
- Extensive experience with California law, member of California bar preferred
- Must have experience with researching complex legal matters
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate with other legal and business professionals in a complex organization with a focus on delivering results efficiently
- Keen business sense with strong judgment, negotiation, drafting and decision-making skills
- Ability to operate independently and effectively in a dynamic environment
- Strong prioritization skills, and execution and results orientation with customer focus
- Ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Desire and ability to work as part of a team
- Must be licensed to practice law in the US.
Must have the above listed educational and experience requirements. Be authorize to work and practice law in the US and have the ability to pass the required background check.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top