Senior Cloud Devops Engineer
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comJoin the next wave of innovation that is happening at T-Mobile. Work on projects that challenge your intellect, passion, drive and curiosity. We are looking for a great Cloud DevOps Engineer to raise the bar for a high-performing team that delivers large scale solutions on the cloud. If you are looking to work on projects that are top organizational priority for the company, provide compelling end-user experiences and improve customer satisfaction, look no further!
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Attitude and aptitude for continually learning new things
- Highly competent in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, C#, VB.NET or Objective-C
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud technologies, big data, map-reduce, etc.
- Experience with a server-side web application technology such as: Node.js, JSP, ASP.NET
- Experience with UI frameworks and technologies (Angular JS, D3, Bootstrap)
- Hands-on coding experience developing and designing software and/or responsive web-based solutions (adaptive design)
- Solid understanding of software development frameworks, architecture concepts and terminology
- Competent using version control systems such as GIT, SVN, VSS
- Well-versed, having worked with continuous integration and development (CI/CD) methodologies
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write high-quality code and mentor others to do the same
- Lead the development efforts for cloud-based applications and infrastructure
- Create development standards/guidelines for app teams, help them follow the DevOps model
- Develop wire-frames and proof-of-concepts
- Translate business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications
- Develop support documentation for acceptance of systems changes into production
- Participate in code reviews and walkthroughs of technical specifications with other members of the technical team
- Communicate design, requirements, functionality and limitations of systems/applications
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize departmental agile software development methodologies as a guide for development activities
- Meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables. Communicate updates on project progress to development and project management. Escalate issues which may affect project success to management
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training
- Collaborate with other teams including Business, Enterprise Testing, Release Management, Project Management and Application Support for successful delivery of systems enhancements
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experienceT-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top