Senior Agile Coach
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
The Senior Agile Coach teaches, facilitates, collaborates and mentors teams on all things Agile, helping to bring best practices into the organization. This role is perfect for an individual contributor who thrives in an environment where they are coordinating and coaching teams within the framework of Agile methodology, specific to Scrum, Lean and Kanban. This individual in this role provides knowledge and expertise around Lean and Agile processes, coaches key roles in the organization to be self-sufficient in day to day operations and practices and coaches for enterprise-wide transformations.
- 7+ years' acting as an Agile Coach/ SDLC Leader in a fast-paced technology based environment.
- Proven experience as an Agile Expert. Possesses deep knowledge of Agile principles and has demonstrated the ability to transfer that knowledge to new and evolving environments.
- Experience with large scale software delivery and/or Agile transformation at scale in large enterprise organizations.
- Experience in designing and executing Lean/Agile frameworks.
- Experience in coaching and training all 3 tiers (portfolio, program and team) within the agile framework. Agile Advocate. Is an outward advocate for Agile and Design and has proof - speaking engagements, community involvements, publications, etc.
- Teach/Mentor/Coach teams, ARTs and leadership on emerging agile, lean and engineering practices
- Optimize strategic flow across business and technology by identifying opportunities for continuous operational and/or portfolio improvements
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to empathize and relate with those new to the Agile methodology.
- Technical aptitude to understand development, test automation, continuous delivery process and tools
- Working knowledge of Application Lifecycle and Agile Management tools.
- Experience in coaching and demonstrating facilitation of core agile practices including but not limited to: Kanban, Value stream mapping, Feature and story backlog prioritization and grooming, Release planning (Program Increment), Iteration/Sprint planning, Metrics (at all levels), Story distribution practices including estimation, Agile ceremonies (Scaled agile - at all levels).
- Define, Measure and Operate metrics and related dashboards to increase efficiency and throughput.
- Agile Coach and Trusted Advisor. Has strong leadership skills with a passion for teaching and mentoring;
- Others seek their advice on maturing and scaling agile best practices.
- Collaborate and work quickly: Relishes in the opportunity to work with diverse teams across the enterprise and all levels of the management structure under high pressure and tight timelines. In fact, is at their best and thrives in a fast-paced culture full of collaboration, transparency and trust across teams.
You will have responsibility for:
- Leading large scale Agile transformations and complex Agile delivery.
- Partnering with key stakeholders and senior leadership in constructing the foundation necessary for transforming from a waterfall or partial scrum framework to a Lean Agile framework.
- Partnering closely with multiple portfolio leaders and roles such as Portfolio Leads, Product Management, Product Owners, Release Train Engineers and Scrum Masters within the portfolios to establish lean agile routines and practices across multiple portfolios.
- Tracking commitments, pace and quality of work.
- Collecting team data to show organization how to improve processes and increase productivity using lean-agile methods
- Helping to define and manage a global metrics dashboard that measures and tracks business/team outcomes.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a thought leader in Agile framework and methodology.
Relationship and People Management
- Helps the team work together efficiently to achieve a common goal. Demonstrates appreciation of the depths of agile practices and principles and helps the teams appreciate them.
- Teaches, mentors and coaches teams in Agile practices while building a culture where Agile teams can thrive. Train leaders and teams at all levels of the organization to set Agile strategy, and help them understand and articulate the benefits of working Agile.
- Creates and drives a work environment with focus on continuous improvement, broad collaboration and alignment between teams and stakeholders. Aims to both transfer their knowledge and enthuse team members to try new approaches and techniques.
- Skillfully facilitates group dynamics and communications, regardless of the audience, and ensure that every voice is heard and heeded.
- Keeps the collective team focused and track on commitments, pace and quality. Demonstrates ability to lead discussions with multiple portfolio leads on relevant Agile topics.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top