As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDescription
Tackles a variety of technical challenges. Plays an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and building test systems in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. Is a core member of the development team and participates in the complete development lifecycle process.
- Minimum 2 Years software testing, issue-tracking skills preferably in wireless or finance/credit industries.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience testing enterprise integrations (using architectures SOA, microservices, message broker's, NoSQL data stores), application customizations and database (Oracle) stored procedures.
- Minimum 1 year professional experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses.
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools such as [Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin, Protractor] or other test frameworks.
- Has development or testing experience preferably in CI/CT/CD, and Agile a CI/CT or DevOps environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates, develops and maintains all test activities.
- Clarifies with business customers/product owners any ambiguity with requirements, user stories, design and other artifacts produced as part of the SDLC.
- Provides estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Manages defects and influences and drives quality across teams, disciplines, and the organization.
- Performs system-wide root cause analyses and drives improvements.
- Liaison with end-to-end test execution team.
- Closely coordinates with both Dev and App Ops regarding testing practices and ensuring quality thresholds are met. Needs to have authority/mandate on quality (acceptable thresholds, decisioning on what we defer along with product owner).
- Design, develop, and maintain automation systems and tools to be used by development and test engineers.
- Analyze user requirements as well as product architecture/design to derive testing requirements.
- Design and author test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing of microservices and UI.
- Write and execute automated and manual tests as needed to provide an ongoing measure of the quality of the product.
- Analyze code coverage using industry standard tools such as SonarQube.
- Provide assessment on product quality and release readiness to Product Owner and other relevant stakeholders.
- Works with Test Data Management teams to provide test data by request, creation or modification for all phases of the development delivery process via a repeatable and automated process.
- Participates in IT wide Test Community of Practice to evolve testing practices and quality standards.
- Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top