As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Scrum Master is responsible for being a Coach, Facilitator and Servant Leader for their assigned Agile Scrum team(s). They will continually look for ways the team can improve and will be able to encourage growth through cultivating strong relationships and trust. The Scrum Master owns the process for the team and creates balance with the Product Owner and the Technical Product Manager. Foremost, they demonstrate servant leadership by ensuring the scrum team has the resources they need, are shielded from distractions and interruptions and works to remove impediments along the way. The Scrum Master will be responsible for budget and sprint status reporting (burn up/burn down) when a delivery manager or project manager is not assigned to the effort.
- 5+ years of experience in Agile development including coaching on agile methodologies.
- 5+ years of experience in Project/Program management including lead role on large/complex projects.
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Ability to ensure Agile practices are followed and ensure adherence to Agile methodology.
- Strong facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Enjoys solving problems and able to resolve issues by working with cross-functional teams.
- Communicates clearly and can deliver complex messages and quickly adapt and promote new concepts.
- Coaching and mentoring a team to maximize progress and potential.
- Are motivated and driven, and can influence and drive teams to success using Agile/Scrum/Lean practices.
- Proven leadership experience in achieving successful project outcomes.
- Scrum Master Certification (Preferred).
- Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teamwork in and across teams and organizations.
- Fully committed to transparency in all situations.
- May require up to 20% of domestic overnight travel within the region
- Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical discipline.
- Helps teams self-organize and self-manage.
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, reviews, estimation, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, burndown tracking and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Works collaboratively with Business and IT partner teams to support development and software delivery.
- Assists the Product Owner and Technical Product Manager in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirements.
- Asks difficult questions, removes impediments, and makes issues and problems visible. Escalates as necessary.
- Ensures development team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals.
- Ensures the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Ensures cross functional coordination (analysts, developers and testers) is occurring early and often.
- Recommends improvements and assists in changes to best practice.
- Identifies and manages issues and jeopardies with a clear grasp of the challenges/options until resolved.
- Mitigates all risks and issues real-time, executing resolutions on demand.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams with diverse personalities, during high pressure scenarios, within extremely tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates awareness of Agile technology practices (e.g., Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration).
- Demonstrates ability to analyze project issues and challenges and proactively define alternatives.
- Demonstrates ability to work closely with delivery teams to establish expectations and ensure tasks remain on track.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Budget management.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top