Retail Store Designer
T-Mobile is the nation's Un-carrier and the fastest growing US wireless company thanks to an unconventional philosophy built on listening to customers and disrupting the status quo. For the past five years, we've been pounding out a steady drumbeat of industry-rocking Un-carrier moves that are changing US wireless for good. Our unique brand story and breakout brand voice have been key to our success.
Now, we're looking for a rock star Store Designer to join us in building the next generation retail experience.
You will will work as a member of the store design team and be responsible for the execution of the brand approved store design and fixture programs. You will collaborate with design peers, construction, real estate, facilities, procurement, operations, architectural vendors and other suppliers to execute retail store development projects for company and authorized dealer locations. Typical scopes of work include store floor plan layouts, fixture design, exterior signage, brand integration/reinforcement, lighting design, queuing system, store layout design evolution, and interior concepts that transform and improve the brand image and customer experience. The Store Designer will partner with the Design team and T-Mobile's approved suppliers to provide feedback, improving the quality and consistency of work and may assist in the development of fixtures, finishes, and strategic direction for the retail environment.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing
- Execute the design strategy for corporate store and authorized dealer stores.
- Provide clear and timely communication of design decisions and changes to key stakeholders. Identify exceptions, propose design solutions and resolve issues with key party members.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
- Develops design documentation to support design intent per regional guidelines including schematic drawings and finish palettes
- Explores and monitors evolving/developing concepts, trends in retail design and other related industries that focus on physical expression of brand strategy, design-centered customer satisfaction and sales improvement, and maintains knowledge of best practices.
- Communicate verbally, in writing, through drawings/sketches, PowerPoint slide decks and presentations
- Balance design with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
- Ability to translate design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations
- 2-5 years' experience in the production of design development and construction drawings
- 3-5 years' experience in production level competencies required for computer drafting and 3D modeling in Autocad, Sketchup, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working in retail, hospitality or restaurant design or interior/architectural organization
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and work independently with limited supervision on individual project deliverables.
- Highly organized and flexible with ability to take initiative, multitask, and prioritize projects
- Fluency with AutoCAD 2017, Sketchup Pro 2018, CAD standards, and graphic standards.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Solid Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and work both independently and closely with others
Bachelor's degree preferred. Additional relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screen.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top