Retail Store Design Manager
This position will work as a member of the store design team to build the next generation of retail at T-Mobile. A company known for innovation, T-Mobile is looking to evolve the retail experience by bringing emergent retail experiences to the forefront. This position will seek input from strategic brand and business stakeholders. The successful candidate will be an excellent collaborator working with critical input and creative partnerships to execute retail store prototype and design. This role will connect the dots between brand, technology customer journey, visual merchandising and real estate. Work will span from conceptual (mood, meaning, intent) to detail (fit, finish, cost).
- Develop inspired store designs. Understand market needs. Incorporate T-Mobile long term strategy and evolving brand expression into the thoughtful design of integrated store environments.
- Evolve new store design concept working closely with Visual Merchandising 2D creative, and stakeholders.
- Manage value engineering as needed to meet budget. Develop design standards for cost tiers.
- Partner with customer research teams to continually learn about our customers and their behaviors. Drive new studies as appropriate
- Stay abreast of and share out retail and design industry trends. Translate into tangible, relevant suggestions for T-Mobile store design
- Work with external architectural agencies on the development of all drawing sets and associated renders, providing documentation to support both proposed new store designs and official revisions used for execution/production.
- Ensure that all projects quickly evolve in response to changing business conditions, maintaining design consistency and production integrity that is scalable across all store types.
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture, Industrial Design or Interior Design preferred
- 3+ years' experience developing compelling retail concepts that drive sales and delight consumers
- Experience directly managing creative partner relationships
- Experience in retail merchandising a strong plus proven understanding of how product comes to life at retail.
- Knowledge of customer shopping patterns and store layout that lead to compelling fixture placement, signage, demos, and visual accents
- Working knowledge of digital integration at retail (product demos, digital displays, etc)
- Minimum requirements: Sketch-up, V-Ray, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat required. Working knowledge of Autocad
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be highly organized and capable of working in a very fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects at once
- Ability to effectively work with ambiguity and complexity
- Exceptional communication skills proven ability to cultivate a point of view and express it both verbally, and through creative expression
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top