Quality Engineering Manager
- Bellevue, WA
This position is responsible for assuring the launch of T-Mobile quality devices and services by enforcing compliance to the T-Mobile Quality Policy and Quality Management System standards for purchased and repaired products. You will operate as the team's subject matter expert in data management and will be accountable for device quality performance and customer experience over a wide product portfolio. The devices include mobile devices, tablets and mobile broadband devices.
This position will be a key interface between Suppliers, Internal teams, Distribution Centers, third party logistics providers and the Field Service Center. This position must be able affect behavior change with both the suppliers and internal stakeholders to increase the quality of the products and ensure a positive customer experience. Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal skills as well as a strong understanding of Supplier Quality Management are required. You will be expected to drive continuous improvement and strategic initiatives on behalf of Supply Chain Quality to drive down cost to the business and increase process efficiencies. You will need to participate in defining device acceptable criteria and risk mitigation plans when issues arise.
As well as analyze associated cost due to poor quality and communicate the results to Quality Engineers and/or leadership. You will be expected to lead and coordinate task forces that drive timely issue resolution (defect identification, root cause investigation, implementation of solutions and participating in monitoring of product performance).
You will work closely with core development and operational teams (product development, engineering, marketing, supply chain, customer service, retail, suppliers, distribution centers, repair centers and the corporate office). In addition, you will need to build and leverage strong partnerships with cross functional teams and suppliers. You will be expected to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies as needed to stay current with the telecom quality industry.
- Quality Policy and QMS: Support to manage the Quality Policy and Quality Management System requirements for procured and repaired products. Regularly review the Policy and QMS to assure compliance and customer needs are adequately being met and served. Identify opportunities to continuously improve processes, products, and systems and provide training, support and resources.
- Supplier Quality Management: Support to establish and monitor quality standards for all products and services related to mobile devices. Proactively resolve and prevent product quality issues. Support to implement strong quality management and FMEA processes with each OEM to minimize the impact on customers and operations. Provide feedback to Terminal Management to affect purchasing decisions and Product Development to affect terminal acceptance decisions. Work closely with Product Development and Customer Care regarding customer impact due to quality issues and work with suppliers to resolve in a timely manner.
- Continuous Improvement Projects: Drive a better product/service experience by influencing cross-functional process improvement, and through the proactive identification and authoring of business requirements to be driven into the next HW and SW maintenance release of a product or generational improvement. Participate and lead projects that help drive operational efficiencies and corporate strategies. For example, driving down mobile device Exchange Rates, Buyer's Remorse Rates, No Trouble Found Rate, and Special Projects etc.
- Supplier Qualification and Audit (internal, external) Programs: Support to establish requirements for evaluation and approval of new suppliers with Quality Engineers. Support to determine Quality Plans based on customer requirements, risk assessments, and past performance. Support to assure execution to regularly audit the suppliers (new and existing) on their capabilities, quality management, their supplier management, effectiveness of problem solving, metrics collection, metrics analysis and actions plans on a regular basis. Provide observations and recommendations to the team on the findings and the roadmap of activities that need to be conducted. Develop strong relationships with suppliers to enable open and proactive dialogue between the organizations. Review audit reports and action items to ensure closed loop feedback and escalate issues as needed. Drive all findings resolution and closure in Quality Center.
- Technical: Must possess the technical expertise to understand both HW and SW issues and be able to communicate issues with supplier and technology vendors. It is imperative to be able to analyze product and process issues, collect and analyze data, identify root cause and drive to timely resolution. In addition, must be able to communicate the issue (both technical and non-technical) cross functionally to gain buy-in and feedback from stakeholders.
- Product Qualification Processes: Support to establish quality inputs into Roadmap & Supplier selection/approval processes through New Product Introduction initiatives and frequent manufacturing line readiness reviews and repair audits.
- Quality System Processes: Participate in Product Quality Reviews, Design For Serviceability Reviews, First Article Inspections, Early Warning Process (for Buyer's Remorse and Advanced Warranty Exchanges, etc.) Ensure closed loop feedback to Product Development and OEMs to ensure generational improvements. Drive all issue resolution and closure in Quality Center.
- Must have experience in Quality Engineering, Reliability Engineering or related engineering function.
- Must have Design, Manufacturing and Repair Quality Management experience in either mobile devices or related consumer electronics.
- Must have technical and/or working knowledge of consumer electronics. For example, hardware (PCB and component) and software testing experience.
- Must have strong working knowledge of all quality system tools such as DOE (Design of Experiments), SPC (Statistical Process Control), Process Capability, Process Control, Six Sigma, CAPA (Corrective and Preventative Action), DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis), PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Gage R&R, ORT (Ongoing Reliability Testing).
- Must have experience with driving QA strategic change control and process management throughout the business.
- Must have strong experience in process analysis, process change methodology and quality data metrics implementation.
- Must be able to perform ISO and TL factory audits of OEMs and sub tier vendors.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must possess excellent presentation skills and be able to communicate in front of large groups.
- Must be detail oriented and have good managerial and organizational skills.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Programs (Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint).
- Experience with ERP and Warehouse Management systems such as SAP preferred.
- Experience with Power Bi is preferred
• At least 18 years of age.• Legally authorized to work in the United States.• High School Diploma or GED.• Pre-employment background screen.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top