Project Manager, Development (Construction)
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comResponsible for providing project management to design and construction process of new cell sites and/or site modification/upgrade projects to existing facilities. Ensures high quality and timely delivery of design and construction project management related services, activities and support. The role will contribute in the creation and implementation of key strategic and/or tactical activities to address business objectives and related challenges. Responsible for executing on tasks assigned for managing cell site and similar projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to deliver specified requirements and meet customer satisfaction in support of the T-Mobile engineering network including: general network development and modification activities; design, construction, and compliance with T-Mobile and regulatory requirements. This role may also serve as a sub-project lead in larger-scale initiatives led by upper level management and receives mentoring and guidance from more experienced project managers.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically in the use of Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all employee and management levels within the Enterprise
- Awareness of general accounting/costing practices including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Able to identify project impacting critical issues and challenges, able to work with more senior members of the Project Management team to develop and implement successful solutions
- Basic understanding of construction and wireless development process and familiarity with pre-construction milestones
- Ability to negotiate with and manage general contractors and/or vendors
- Understands construction drawings and redline process
- Knowledge of materials used in telecommunications facilities site design
- Familiarity with environmental reports and government approvals
- Basic knowledge of all aspects of leasing, zoning, and regulatory compliance related to real estate development and wireless network operations, including knowledge of lease terms or contracts and understanding of legal proceedings
- Interest in acquiring a working knowledge of finance, strategy, and deep project management skill set.
- Group facilitation, engagement, mediation and conflict resolution skills. Experience in developing and delivering presentations
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree or Bachelors Preferred
License or Certification
Professional Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
(None)Resource Management: Develops strong working relationships with team members and fosters the development of cross-functional teamwork in order to ensure high quality and timely delivery of construction and related services, activities, and support. Delegates and assigns project responsibilities; directs, motivates, and manages the project work and resources involved within the project. Ensures efficient use of resources to meet the sub-project deliverables. Assists in managing the planning, development and/or construction process for all new telecommunications facilities and modification projects to existing facilities.
Project Scheduling and Implementation: Manages vendors and stakeholders providing project schedules/plans updates with actual and forecasted deliverables. Manages deviations from plan with help from the upper level Project Managers. Monitors actual project progress, compares to baseline, and reports progress against schedule. Documents, obtains approval for, and tracks all changes in project parameters. Produces project reports and notifications as appropriate and communicates project status to respective internal and external stakeholders and key project sponsor(s). Manage vendors and suppliers to deliver upon commitments in order to meet or exceed on time and budget expectations. Strives to improve processes, practices, and vendor relationships to create efficient and effective means for accomplishing goals, on time, and under budget.
Project Status: Attends Management and Development project team meetings as required to keep the project team informed about the progress of the projects. Participates in or conducts project reviews with stakeholders as necessary to perform ongoing assessments on the progress of projects. Assists upper level managers to provide oversight, tactical input, expertise, communications, quality control, training, reporting, and general administrative support between development organization groups (Regional Development team, markets, and other regional groups and FSC). Interfaces effectively within and outside engineering with Radio Frequency, Facilities, Field and Network Operations, Performance, Property Management, Regulatory, and Legal. Ensures required review of all project documentation and approvals according to company standards and processes. Closes all project documentation and archives actual appropriate records and achievements for estimating future similar projects upon project completion or premature cessation.
Risk Management: Identifies risks in projects and applies techniques to assess and mitigate the risks using the help and support from the upper level Project Managers and project sponsors. Participates in project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation planning. Forecasts the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and reports impact to project team, sponsor, and other Project Managers. Follows appropriate procedure to escalate potential issues to achieve resolution.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top