- Overland Park, KS
2 positions are available! They can be based in Bothell WA, Overland Park, KS, or Atlanta, GA. **
Bring your passion, your ideas, and your potential!
Are you ready for a challenge? T-Mobile is revolutionizing the wireless industry for millions of customers nationwide. Working here means rolling up your sleeves and disrupting the status quo with a team that has your back every step of the way.
You are invited to be a Product Owner (PO) within the Product & Technology (P&T) organization working on transformational platforms and tools for all of T-Mobile's software engineers. This position is in the Transformation, Engineering, and Quality (TEQ) team, a proactive service organization that leads software engineering teams to transform how they build and deploy software. The TEQ team provides all common tools and platforms used in P&T including SDLC, STLC, CI/CD, DevOps, Test Automation, Test Data Management, Environment Management, Asset Management, and Database as a Service.
As a Product Owner, you are a key team member of the Agile team and an extended member of the Product Management team. You will lead the Agile team's backlog and be the source of truth for the user stories for each sprint. Your day-to-day will involve defining, refining, and accepting user stories as well as working cross-functionally for the Agile team. Partnering with Product Management, you will prepare the Sprint team's Backlog for Program Increment (PI) Planning and Big Room Planning sessions. If you enjoy rolling up your sleeves, working cross-functionally, and focusing on delivering value to customers you will thrive in the Product Owner role at T-Mobile.
Business and Technical Execution
- Develops deep understanding of customer experience, especially at a tactical and transaction level.
- Builds and maintains Agile (Scrum / Sprint) team backlog, with input from the customer, Product Manager, System Architect/Engineering and other stakeholders (team backlog consists mostly of user stories, it also includes defects and enablers.)
- Collaborates with Agile team and stakeholders to write user stories and requirements that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests, typically for 1 or 2 (max) Agile / Scrum teams.
- Reviews and prioritizes Agile Team backlog for Iteration (Sprint) Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners.
- Reviews and assesses enabler work, understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborates with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technical infrastructures that will host the new business functionality. Ultimately determining where, when and priority of enabler work so that it can be included in sequence in Team backlog(s).
- Primary resource (and source of truth / single point of contact) to Technical (Dev) team and Customer team for user story details. Highly available to the technical team during iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories.
- Manages and maintains efficient flow of just-in-time story elaboration activities (user story refinement) throughout team execution, typically maintaining 2 iterations (sprints) worth user stories available and ready in the team backlog.
- Participates in team demo with primary responsibility of reviewing and accepting completed user stories (PO is the only team member who can accept as done). This includes validation that stories meet acceptance criteria and meets the team's Definition of Done (DoD).
- Participates in the Iteration Retrospective, where teams gather to improve their processes. Also actively supports the Agile Release Train's (ART's) Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop.
- The PI system demo is part of the I&A workshop. The PO has an instrumental role in producing the PI system demo for program stakeholders ensuring representation of user stories within PO's scope.
- The PI system demo is part of the I&A workshop. The PO has an instrumental role in working with the Product Management team to produce the PI system demo for program stakeholders ensuring representation of user stories within PO's scope.
- Coordinates user story, functional, and technical dependencies with other Product Owners throughout each iteration and Program Increment. This is often done in weekly PO/ART sync meetings.
- Works across Agile teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the velocity and quality of the program.
- Accountable and responsible for user story quality and performance in the production environment.
Relationship & People, Professional Development
- Develops positive working relationships with Customer groups or Customer Representatives.
- Collaborates and develops positive working relationships with technical and non-technical teams, including sales, commercial accounting, marketing, legal, go-to-market, and finance. Works with outside partners and other third parties.
- Develops professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies.
- Actively participates in T-Mobile Product Owner/Manager Community of Practice (COP)
- 3+ years of relevant Product Owner, Product Management, System Analyst, or Software Engineer experience in an Agile software product development environment.
- 2+ years of experience delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies using commonly used Agile development and backlog tools.
- Strong technical story writing capabilities including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Strong focus on delivering value to customers through innovative product platform and tools delivery.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify/analyze/synthesize product use data.
- Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) preferred.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Back to top