Product Manager, Technical
- Frisco, TX
Product Manager, Technical
We are looking for a Cloud Security Product Manager with hands on product/program management experience who has an ability to develop technical recommendations. You will be leading the Cloud Security Product team focused on analyzing, designing and developing cloud security capabilities, implementing COTS security products and operations of these platforms and tools. You will be managing team's backlog as well as finding innovative new ways to protect our cloud footprint in the future. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap.
Vision, Strategy, and Analysis
- Owns product end to end for products or features with moderate level of complexity and scope. This includes creating, managing, maintaining, and communicating product vision and roadmap including technical vision and capabilities.
- Partners with business and internal/external stakeholders to understand current cloud security posture and identify areas of opportunity.
- Conducts analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to identify product innovation opportunities.
- Conducts cost-benefit / ROI / NPV analysis, to support decision making.
- Works with stakeholders and follows enterprise process to secure and maintain product funding.
- Develops and maintains current understanding of cloud security trends. Assesses how trends impact the roadmap or create opportunity for innovation of the product.
- Translates product/platform strategy by writing detailed features and user stories consumable for Dev teams for moderately complex products. This work may include creation of prototypes.
- Owns and manages product backlog and priorities with our business and technology partners. Backlog at this level typically serves 1 - 4 Agile / Scrum / Sprint teams.
- Scopes and prioritizes activities based on business and customer impact.
- Generates and maintains dashboards and reports that track product health and success metrics, technical KPI's.
- Conduct Product Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR's) and Steering meetings.
- Assists with the overall execution relating to all aspects of the software development process, from defining the strategy and architecture through deployment and support.
- Communicates technical challenges to stakeholders and makes educated trade-off decisions based on those challenges.
- Develops positive working relationships with Customer groups or Customer Representatives.
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies.
- Develops adoption tools and training material.
- Manages development of adoption tools and training materials for Technical Product Management team.
- 3+ years' experience in hands on technical role writing production code, solution engineering, or technical architecture in large scale company / application / product environment.
- 5+ Experience working with services from public cloud providers like AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security fundamentals is preferred.
- Knowledge of 3rd Party tools used to secure Cloud Services (e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.) from various service providers (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google etc.)
- Knowledge of designing and implementing container platforms like Kubernetes, Docker, and Mesosphere.
- Knowledge of designing and implementing security services for cloud, tools, and platforms.
- General understanding of data services frameworks
- Management experience in an agile software product development environment.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology initiatives as Product Manager or lead technology role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and nontechnical leaders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or equivalent experience.
- May require up to 10% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to the Bellevue Headquarters.
- Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods.
- Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods
- This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Back to top