Product Manager- Digital Product Realization S
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Product Manager Digital Product Realization
The Product Manager is an individual with a unique combination of skills; someone who is passionate about identifying what internal and external customers truly need and want, possess the creativity to turn those customer needs into a new product or service idea, and is highly organized and structured to figure out what needs to get done to turn those ideas into reality. The ideal candidate thinks not just about customer requirements and use cases, but also about the overall opportunity and the necessary business, technology, platform, and go-to-market capabilities necessary to launch and support an innovative product.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
What we look for:
- 5 – 7 years in one or more of the following categories: software/hardware, web, telecommunications, consumer electronics, or consumer packaged goods, with a focus on defining, developing, and launching new features and capabilities in a product management or product development role.
- 2+ years of experience working within a Scrum/Agile SDLC environment.
- 3+ years of experience working within a Waterfall SDLC environment.
- 5-7 years of experience gathering, interpreting, documenting and prioritizing requirements via process flows, use cases, functional wireframe/design annotations or other project artifacts as needed in a Product Manager or similar role.
- 3+ years of experience working with creative agencies to create sketches, workflows, wireframes and designs that span multiple screen formats (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- 5-7 years of experience in utilizing analytics to drive decision making; the candidate will dig for the data to drive decisions and instrument processes to provide the data to inform future decision making needs
- Experience applying human factors principles and usability best practices into innovative designs
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with basic reporting tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Intermediate to advanced experience with various product/project management and process flow tools (Rally, Confluence, SharePoint, Quality Center, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to convey business and technical concepts to subject matter experts and non-technical professionals. Ability to present compelling business cases to stakeholders.
- Ability to make decisions, present and assist in negotiating a point of view involving the right stakeholders on both minor and major product/project impacts
- Product Manager certification
- Someone who is equally adept at working and interacting with all kinds of job functions and personalities, including Engineering, Information Technology, Sales, Marketing, and external parties such as partners and customers
- A hands-on, team player who is willing to jump in and work on all aspects of the product lifecycle to achieve success.
- A big picture thinker who can see beyond the immediate needs of their respective responsibilities in the context of the larger business opportunity.
Bachelors Degree (technical discipline a plus)
What you will do:
- Partner with Sr. Managers within Digital Transformation to help drive and define the pipeline of new and innovative product and service ideas for prioritization and execution to meet departmental objectives.
- Assist the Sr. Managers within Digital Transformation to establish a vision for a new product or service and guide a project team through the discovery and definition process with the goal to create simple, yet technically functional capabilities.
- Lead architects, developers, product managers, analysts, and/or testers within the transformation lifecycle (Discover, Define, Design, Build, Operate, Transition) by assisting Sr. Managers in providing the product vision for new innovation proof of concepts or first-iteration implementations of products that fulfill the next generation needs of our customers.
- Develop concepts through business cases, including market sizing, operations & go-to-market strategy, estimation of potential financial impact and identification of potential risks and mitigation strategies.
- Partner with creative agencies or internal creative resources to communicate the product’s vision by creating wireframes or similar design artifacts for business partners and development teams.
- Collaborates with dedicated enterprise resources, e.g. Engineering, Supply Chain, Care, EIT, and other product management teams to evangelize the projects vision and illicit requirements for new functionality across various channels within T-Mobile and ensure teams have what they need to execute and deliver with high quality.
- Manages all life cycle migration strategies and the end of life decision for existing products and services.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top