Principal System Reliability Engineer
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAre you ready for a challenge?
T-Mobile is forming a new team that is responsible for providing the highest level of reliability and availability for our non-production environment through operational excellence and engineering permanent solutions. If you enjoy a fast-paced agile operational engineering experience with daily diversity in tasks and projects, deep troubleshooting and issue resolution, investing in tools and automation, engineering and implementing monitoring, collaborating across multiple teams, and providing the best customer service to our stakeholders, this team is for you!
The Principle SRE will play a key role for the team and the organization. You will provide the highest level of technical mentorship for the team. Take point and work with peers on innovating, implementing and driving infrastructure, tooling, monitoring, and automated solutions. Own and drive deep problem and defect resolution within the environment. Help gain parity across environments to improve consistency and streamline processes. All this and more!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ Years operational engineering experience.
- 5+ Years hands-on automation experience.
- Enthusiastic engineer passionate about the availability and reliability of an environments infrastructure, applications, services, and tools!
- Deep technical knowledge in troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Experience in development and automation of operational tasks and processes.
- Functional experience working in an Agile and DevOps culture.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, engaging across technology and business teams.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations at various levels on diversified topics pertaining to the team or organizations efforts.
- Worked in a team with hands-on lead role driving and contributing to technical projects and efforts.
- May require up to 20% domestic travel.
- Environmental: Load Balancers, Linux Platforms, Web Servers, Service Servers, SSL, Networking, etc
- Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Mesos,
- Automation/Configuration management: Ansible
- Automation: Python/Bash
- Source Control: GIt, BitBucket
- Monitoring: Sensu, AppDynamics, Splunk, Nagios, etc.
- CI/CD Concepts and Functional Understanding
- AWS Cloud Technologies a Plus!
- Database Technologies a Plus!
- Work with a minimum amount of direct supervision to achieve a desired outcome.
- Ability to collaborate across teams to build partnerships to support our mission.
- Provide operational and technical guidance, training, and mentorship, to peers and teams in support of the reliability and availability of the environment.
- Willingness to own the technology in our environment throughout its lifecycle, to include accepting on call engagements.
- Availability to provide highest level of support engagement to the team and organization.
- Lead technical projects for the team in an agile environment.
- Develop automation in the scope of infrastructure provisioning, operational tasks, issue remediation, and deployment.
- Oversees the Design and implementation of monitoring and health checks across the environment.
- Own the resolution to deep defect and issues across applications, services, and infrastructure, within the environment.
- Create standards and guidelines for other teams to follow helping them align to efficient work flows and intake.
- Design reviews and provides risk assessment on change and delivery.
- POC new tools and technologies to support the environment.
- Assists in creating new designs, architectures, standards, repeatable processes for delivery of software faster, better, and cheaper.
Minimum education- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalentT-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top