Principal, IT Solution Owner
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Principal, IT Solution Owner plays a critical role on mid-to-large sized initiatives, leading scoping discussions, MVP determination, technical visioning and setting the overall technical delivery strategy. The Sr. TSM partners with the business to drive prioritization and solution delivery approach, and across technology groups to ensure design and delivery of a complete and concise solution that addresses the business need
- 7+ years of IT solution leadership experience
- 5+ Years as experience as developer, system administrator or solution architect
- Minimum of 7+ years in an Information Technology leadership role with the following: Experience in successfully developing and executing strategy for leading and operating IT systems. Experience in managing relationships with business team executives at Sr. Manager, Director, VP and SVP level. Experience in developing and maintaining architecture in alignment with business strategy.
- Ability to work independently and support multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and resourcefully.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Programs and aptitude for learning new software quickly
- Proven record of demonstrating proper judgment in managing difficult situations.
- Expert communicator who can lead and manage senior level relationships across organizational boundaries.
- Partners with the business to drive strategy, prioritization, approach, and goals of initiative.
- Prepares high level solution design presentations for leadership review.
- Functions as a key project decision maker.
- Serves as a SME of existing functionality for a channel.
- Manages inception activities, including breakdown of product requirements and MVP scope definition.
Partners with Senior leadership to define technology strategy approach for initiatives and to provide recommendations on scope delivery phasing/work streams.
- Serves as technical owner (accountable IT representative) and is responsible for technical stewardship of a large initiative.
- Leads the delivery of large and complex technology solutionsby providing leadership in analysis, design, and project and product management
- Supports Project Management on escalation resolution for technical solution issues.
- Owns scope decomposition and negotiation of MVP for large and complex cross domain initiatives.
- Performs day-to-day management of business stakeholder relationships on large and complex cross domain initiatives.
Provides leadership in evolving design and orchestrates solutions across domain teams.
Relationship and People Management
- Identifies, analyzes, and synthesizes information, applying critical thought to present the information in a clear and meaningful way.
- Leads across many IT teams, and Business to ensure clarity on assessment impacts in alignment with scope of project or initiative.
- Communicates technical and functional requirements using an effective, efficient, and creative approach with a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Identifies improvements, makes critical decisions, and works with subject matter experts and leaders throughout the organization to implement solutions.
- Multi-tasks while managing multiple projects from end-to-end, in a demanding and rapidly-changing environment.
- Effectively presents to senior level leadership.
- Accountable for technical solution delivery on initiatives, including scope negotiation, solution alignment and timeline management.
- Works independently as well as collaboratively.
- Mentors and leads more junior level TSM resources.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top