Principal, IT Solution Owner
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Principal IT Solution Owner will be responsible for closely collaborating with the Business stakeholders, Enterprise Architects, Technology Teams and Managed Service Providers for translating business requirements and articulating into a well defined future state vision. The role will own all aspects of solution development and delivery including solution feasibility, effort assessment, detailed design and technical delivery planning and execution from inception to production release, while guiding teams and providing the necessary inputs to Project Managers, Business Analysts, Development and Operations via matrix relationships.Minimum Required
- 7+ years of IT solution management and delivery experience
- Able to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
- Expert at defining and documenting functional design requirements for technology solutions to support business initiatives in an iterative software development environment
- Able to draw on past experiences and projects to define highly successful solutions
- Strong investigative, analytical and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and thoroughness
- Able to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues, solve problems creatively and resourcefully
- Ability to work independently and support multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Programs and aptitude for learning new software quickly
- Proven record of demonstrating proper judgment in managing difficult situations.
- Expert communicator who can lead and manage senior level relationships across organizational boundaries.
- Background in applying best practices to development and operational processes
Industry knowledge (consumer/retail/telecom) – Strongly preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or equivalent work experience
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the product management or business operations team and recommends technical solutions.
- Reviews and validates all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Works with key business stakeholders, managed service providers, architects & intake management team on scope definition, solution development and effort estimation.
- Draft and implement design deliverable, schedules as needed and review and baseline overall solution and deliverables with all stakeholders.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Partners with testing in developing the necessary test cases to ensure that all use cases are covered to ensure a quality outcome that meets the business/customer expectations.
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Works with Delivery Managers and Project Managers to produce detailed timeline for each assigned project and implements effective project controls by monitoring the progress and reporting the status.
- Performs liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Work with business teams and other EIT teams to align on priorities and deliver against these priorities.
- Work with Managed Service Providers, Architects & Intake Management team on scoping, solution development and effort estimation.
- Assist with Release content planning and scheduling
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top