Principal Engineers, Systems Architecture
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPosition Summary
T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That’s why we’re here.
This Principal Engineers, Systems Architecture requires experience working with large cross-functional teams and executive management to consistently deliver on challenging and stretch goals. Some of the responsibilities include responding to feasibility studies, conducting design reviews, writing technical specifications and design documents, formulating test strategy, and sometimes monitoring production rollouts.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to define technical product requirements and work effectively with other departments and vendors to realize these requirements on the Unified Subscriber database solution.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for designing and implementing Unified Subscriber database and associated applications including but not limited to HLR, HSS, EIR, PCRF and Data Metering.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Identity and Access Management application and the interaction of the same with our various network and IT systems.
- Coach and Mentor senior and mid-level engineers towards building new solution offerings across network access domains.
- Research and provide input via design reviews for feature requests and enhancements for the Unified Subscriber Database and Identity Management platforms.
- Apply experience designing and implementing the Nokia One Network Directory Server (OneNDS) solution.
- Apply experience using large scale database systems, specifically X.500, LDAP, RDBMS or MongoDB.
- Apply experience working with GSM, GPRS, UMTS, IMS, and LTE technologies which underpin T-Mobile’s network design and serve as the foundation for future evolution.
- Apply experience designing and implementing network solutions leveraging MAP, SIP, Diameter, LDAP, SOAP/XML, XML-RPC and Restful Web Services.
- Create useful and necessary design documents that describe the detailed technical solution being implemented for Unified Subscriber Database and Identity Management.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills required. Expert level proficiency in understanding and referencing 3GPP or other standards during day-to-day work.
- Expert in evaluating answers from vendors and preparing summary report for management and managing vendors and driving roadmaps.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top