Principal Engineer, Technical Support
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDo you want to be part of a dynamic and energetic team that is on the cutting edge of Radio Access Network deployment and operations support?
The vision of the West Region Operations (WROPs) team is:
- Develop an efficient and flexible working environment
- To maximize output and success of WROPs through automation.
- To establish WROPs as the skill center for RAN
- To integrate WROPS with TMO national / regional and market teams
The West Region Operations is looking for a resourceful and experienced individual to help shape the technical direction of the team.
The Principal engineer will be the Technical lead for the T-Mobile USA West Region Radio Access Network Operations team.
The successful applicant will be a key member of the team that provides Radio Access Network guidelines and procedures for:
- network changes
- deployment and maintenance
- in depth troubleshooting and proactive care of GSM, UMTS and LTE networks
The applicant will also be responsible for performing live network configuration changes.
The West Region markets have both Nokia and Ericsson RAN equipment.
The West Region Operations team operates on both day and night shifts. This role does require work during the day or night, based on the shift cycle.
This person will be responsible for managing and developing national / regional standards, documents, processes, and best practices.
This position will also perform mentoring duties to Junior and Senior engineers.
- Mastery of Ericsson and Nokia OSS, configuration command structure and deployment configurations.
- Mastery of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc
- Understanding of End to End (Ue to Core) signaling / userplane and configuration
- Experienced in GSM, UMTS and LTE technology.
- Strong in Technical Writing and presentation skills
- Able to develop and articulate technical strategies
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- 8-10+ years RAN Engineering experience
- Telecom Operator standard operations method of work procedures
- Technical project management
- Research and published technical papers
- Experienced in the use of different programming languages (C++ / Python / XML / Unix) and programming methodology.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Customer Focus
- Change and innovation
- Strategic Thinking Relationship Building
- Develop and lead a team of engineers across day / night shift working cycle
- Develops national or regional standards, documents, processes, and practices that provide details on a variety of RAN engineering topics that will be used by regions and markets
- Execute changes to network sites
- Develop tools and scripting process for RAN deployment
- Works closely with national / regional or market teams on national/regional projects, new initiatives and overall support of deployment, performance and optimization activities to ensure adherence to standards and alignment with overall strategy and to maximize efficiency within the organization
- Ensures new releases and features are clearly communicated to engineering teams and appropriate training is provided to maximize value
- Interpret technical specifications in accordance with Wireless industry standards, including :
3GPP, ITUT, IETF, ANSI and vendor documentation.
- Provide technical leadership for GERAN/WCDMA and LTE network deployment, architecture and protocols
- Acts as a mentor for junior RF Engineering staff. Required to develop training materials and host training sessions both internal to other West Region teams
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top