Principal Engineer, Systems Design
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comWe are looking for a new Principal Engineer to join our team! You can be our new team member if you are an exceptional E2E Optimization Engineer with deep theoretical and practical knowledge of the cellular network engineering, to start with. You have also a bright data scientist skills, you are an individual with a strong emotional intelligence and last but not least you have a true passion for the wireless industry.
Exceptional E2E Optimization Engineer. What we mean with that is a deep knowledge of the 3GPP standards, a very extensive experience in cellular network planning, design, optimization and troubleshooting, a proven track record of successful project delivery, superior presentation skills.
Bright Data Scientist. The skills that we are looking for here include Math, Statistical, Coding, Database, Communication and Visualization Skills.
Individual with a strong emotional intelligence. The ideal candidate needs to be a pleasure to work with. The skills that we would like to see here are capability to work in a team of peers, an upbeat attitude, flawless hardworking ethics combined with the ability to coach junior colleagues and at the same time the ability to accept advises from senior colleagues.Minimum required
Principal Engineer, System Design must be a subject matter expert and demonstrate in-depth understanding of wireless network technologies and standards.
Principal Engineer, System Design must also be able to use their discretion to prioritize tasks and work items.
Principal Engineer, System Design must be able to lead project teams via effective influence to achieve business objectives.
Recognized subject matter expert with in-depth understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies, and Concepts with emphasis on Coverage Solutions.
Mastery of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
Recognized subject matter expert with in-depth understanding of GERAN, UTRAN, LTE Functions, Interfaces, and Protocols (AC, AP, SeGW, H(e)Nb-GW, Femto Cell OSS, SPM, BSC, RNC, BTS, NodeB, eNB, Iu-h, IuB, Abis, IuR, A I/F, Ater, IuCS, IuPS, IuPC, S1, X2).
SME Experience in validating platforms DAS, Repeaters (Indoor and Outdoor).
Experience in validation E2E nodes including UEs.
Experience in validating IPAccess, Spidercloud, ALU in building and Small Cells solutions.
Able to develop, articulate, and influence technical strategies and policies across the division.
Proven Ability to lead multiple simultaneous projects and manage priorities effectively.
Strong demonstrated Technical Writing and presentation skills.
Strong proficiency with MS Office.
Able to work flexible hours, self- motivated and ability to work under pressure, effective interpersonal skills.
8-10+ years Technical experience with GERAN, UTRAN Design Engineering (Coverage solutions validation experience is preferred).
Hands on experience in validating coverage solutions including Small cells is strongly preferred.
IP networking experience or relevant certifications a plus.
LTE Experience a must.
Operational Experience in Technical Project Management, Performance Management, Capacity Planning, or Fault Management methods preferred.
Bachelor's degree in EngineeringIn this job you will be required to support all the network optimization efforts in the T-Mobile West Region markets. You will do this working in a team of amazing engineers. You and the rest of the team will have to consult, guide, and advise the markets. The end goal of all this work is to provide to the T-Mobile customers the best possible experience! Most of your work will be on LTE and VoLTE technologies, but you will also be required to work on legacy networks such as GSM and UMTS. You will deliver this job using your Data Scientist skills leveraged but your awesome RAN Engineering background!
Here more details on the skills that we are looking for:
- Passion for Wireless Industry: you don't see the wireless industry as a job, but rather as a passion that allows you to help people to connect with family, friends and business partners through amazing cutting edge technology.
- Deep knowledge of 3GPP Standards: you know 3GPP standards like the back of your hand. Your knowledge goes across GSM, UMTS, LTE and LTE-A technologies.
- Extensive experience with E2E Performance Optimization: you have been working for 7+ years on E2E Performance Optimization in LTE, VoLTE, HSDPA, UMTS and GSM. You know NOKIA and/or ERICSSON HW platforms.
- Extensive experience in Cellular Network Dimensioning, Planning, Design, Optimization and Troubleshooting: During your career you have been a tremendous contributor to projects which included Dimensioning, Planning, Design, Optimization and Troubleshooting.
- Proven track record of successful project design and delivery: in your career you have envisioned, proposed and successfully delivered projects in the wireless industry. Some of these projects were groundbreaking and have led to recommendations that have been implemented across several markets, regions and networks.
- Superior presentation skills: you have the ability to express very complicated concepts in very short and elegant presentations. You have created successfully delivered presentations to Directors, Sr Directors, VP and Executive VP.
- Math skills: you think that math is the foundation of technology and there is no technology without math. You look at math as the fundamental blocks to describe the tangible world around us.
- Statistical skills: you love statistics because allows you to model the reality around you, and you can apply to your job on daily basis.
- Coding skills: You are familiar and/or proficient with some of these coding languages C, C++, VB, R, Python, SPSS, SAS, ALTERYX, MATLAB, and SQL.
- Database skills: You know how to write queries and you always managed to stay out of troubles with the database administrators.
- Communication skills: People actually enjoy talking business with you because you make sense and you go straight to the point.
- Visualization skills: your presentations are beautiful. The graphical representations are so good that when you put them in a PPT you need very little text in the slides to describe your point.
- Data Scientist skills: You think that solving a problem starts with asking the right questions, and you are good at asking the right questions! You can generate hypothesis and educated guess for cellular network optimization issues.
- Team work skills: You get things done, but in the process you keep your cool. You keep your ego at check. You think it is all about the team and you prioritize the mission success to your personal success. You treat people the way you expect people to treat you.
- Extreme ownership skills: if something goes wrong you don't look around trying to blame others, but rather you take ownership of the failure and you try to fix what can be be fixed and then you de-brief with the team on what could be learned and what you need to do better next time around.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top