Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPrincipal Engineer, Systems Architecture
- Manage relationships with external standards bodies to ensure our technical and commercial interests are secured. Bodies include 3GPP, GSMA, IETF, OMA, ITU, and others.
- Collaborate closely with Vendors and Technology Partners to ensure alignment on objectives and drive a common agenda for standards and product roadmaps.
- Use industry and standards insights to influence the company technology strategies to drive technological and market leadership.
- Lead various technology development and planning initiatives to secure T-Mobile technology leadership.
- Self-motivated and able to perform under pressure
- Ability to work in external environments that include competitors, regulators and vendors.
- Strong problem solving abilities and strong critical thinking
- Passion and enthusiasm for Technology to solve business problems
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
Critical Skills Set
- Understanding of 3GPP Wireless Air Interface Standards
- Strong background both in 3G/4G/5G radio and wireless communications systems and architectures and also in telecom networks, protocols and infrastructures in general plus IP and cloud.
- Critical strategic thinking & ability to develop tactical plans based on broad gauge knowledge from direct and recent (in the last 3 years) participation in the global wireless industry.
- Proficiency in international relations with strong negotiation skills & political acumen.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills based on evidence of prior technical contributions to standards or equivalent organizations.
- Demonstrated portfolio of participation in 3GPP and/or other international standards work.
- Ideally should hold or have held significant leadership or key influencer positions in industry organizations.
- Requirement for extensive overseas travel.
- Represent the company at meetings of standards bodies and external associations to ensure that company business interests are met.
- Influence key standards through monitoring, dialogue with key players and standards meeting attendance
- Deliver standards roadmaps, reports, updates, impact statements
- Produce proposals for exploitation of new standards and champion these through to project initiation phase
- Do industry research on emerging technologies and spectrum related issues relevant to the T-Mobile business
- Evaluate and develop new innovations and technologies, as well as bringing the technology to life via demos
- Lead specific technology development initiatives within the company in order to secure T-Mobile technology leadership in 4G LTE Evolution and 5G Developments
Minimum of a BS degree with a preference of a MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or similar field. We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top