Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture
This position is responsible for the definition, design, validation and implementation of a high availability solution to support TMUS commercial IMS service offerings. This position will work closely with internal TMUS teams to define a solution architecture and requirements. Responsibilities include verifying that systems and software which TMUS obtains from external vendors complies with TMUS requirements.
- Developing requirements, specifications and test plans.
- Vendor management experience and ability to negotiate contracts, SOWs.
- TCP/IP networking (basic routing, analyzing network captures, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Effectively report status to management
- Apply project management, including risk analysis and issue mitigation..
- Must have experience in defining VoIP solutions including VoWiFi or VoLTE.
- Must have knowledge of 3GPP IMS core standards
- Experience developing class 5 MSC features including 3WC, CFD etc
- Ability to generate detailed ladder diagrams
- Must be fluent in SIP, SDP, RTP, DIAMETER
- Telephony application experience GSM MSSs including MAP mobility flows
Have past development experience, operational system knowledge is not sufficient.
- This position is responsible identifying and documenting technical requirements for the systems deployed in T-Mobile networks based on product and/or system architecture requirements.
- This position is responsible for completing system detailed design and associated documentation including call flows, cost estimates for business case analysis, impact studies, traffic engineering/capacity analysis and operation support documentation.
- This position is responsible for conducting design reviews of assigned projects with engineering peer group to ensure requirements are complete and design goals are met
- This position is responsible for providing technical expertise in Tier 2 support for operations personnel in assigned areas of responsibility
- Have held leadership position with oversight over multiple engineers while managing both technical content and project deliverables. Works without supervision and can clearly prioritize tasks while working multiple projects.
- Principal Engineer MUST possess system level knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- LTE (EPC) packet data core
- Policy/charging and QoS enforcement in packet data networks.
IMS networks and services including RCS or VoLTEWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top