Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture- Application Architecture
The Application Architecture Team drives mobile application development within Core Network & Services Engineering to provide compelling, measurable, and operationally sustainable user experiences for our customers across the T-Mobile/MetroPCS network. Join Network Technology today!
As a Principal Engineer on our team you will champion customer experience in T-Mobile & MetroPCS Android and iOS apps for hundreds-of-thousands to tens-of-millions active users. You will own the design, development, and delivery of cross-application solutions to complete use cases like User Identity and Authentication, Reporting & Analytics, CI/CD Process Automation, and Environment Validation while driving initiatives across multiple teams for various mobile applications.
The position is located in Bellevue, Washington will serve as one of the lead Subject Matter Experts of various IP Messaging Solutions that make up T-Mobile's Rich Communications Services infrastructure. The Principal Engineer shall actively work with cross-functional teams and would assist with feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features and services as well as create functional designs, deployment procedures, and operational processes. This individual would be recognized as a subject matter expert within the Messaging Engineering teams and would help leading and mentoring junior members within the team.
- Own the product backlog for your Application Program, managing timelines, priorities, and deliverables for internal and external development teams.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal customers and liaise with cross-functional teams within Engineering, Marketing, Product Development, and other stakeholders to implement and certify new products and services with focus on customer experience. Develop and monitor KPIs to ensure applications/services are delighting customers.
- Own end-to-end customer experience, from writing user stories to signing-off on UI/UX wireframes to code review of release candidates to closing the loop on user feedback from Frontline teams
- Work closely with vendor and internal teams, including QA, Care, and Dev teams, to triage, identify root cause, and provide resolution on defects and other issues quickly and efficiently
- Document technical capabilities, capacities, limitations, and interfaces of your Application Program for use throughout T-Mobile & MetroPCS teams.
- Research new technologies and lead transformation efforts for your team and those around you. Monitor relevant industry technologies and standards and document options and impacts via research and creation of technical papers. Identify the impacts and risks of solutions introduction, and make recommendations on solutions evolution
- Conduct lab trials and evaluate multiple vendor products against 3GPP, OMA, Google, and/or Apple specs
- Review and contribute to RFPs/RFIs/RFQs for new technology, standards and architecture, and present recommendations to peers and management teams
- Drive vendor roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirement.
- 8 years of industry experience is required.
- You've built an Android and/or iOS app and can speak in depth on the requirements and constraints of mobile development
- Proficiency in one or more modern application development languages, such as Java, Swift, Objective-C, C#, XAML
- Proficiency in one or more current scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, Powershell, Golan, Perl, etc
- Proficiency in documentation and troubleshooting tech toolchains (e.g. Visio, Confluence, JIRA, Rally, Wireshark, SoapUI)
- Development experience with applications using / implementing RESTful API services
- Development experience with applications using / implementing shared libraries and/or SDKs
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery of applications in modern waterfall and/or agile SDLCs
- Experience with IP Multimedia Subsystem and Services (IMS) would be a plus.
- Great multi-platform knowledge. Experience in UNIX, Linux, and TCP/IP environments.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with basic reporting tools such as Power Point, Access, Excel, MS Project or Business Objects. Hands on with MS Visio.
- Ability to create technical specification and requirements and work independently and with no direction/supervision.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical specifications through documentation is a key requirement
- Welcome change and complexity; learn quickly and adapt fast; under promise and over deliver: We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- Demonstrated ability to flex between driving program, technical, and business needs.
- Ability to work effectively in collaborative team environment.
- Ability to act as the technical lead for large projects spanning multiple organizations
- Proven track record for the delivery of complex products or programs.
- Demonstrated ability to drive across organizational boundaries and manage new areas of responsibility.
- Experience with cross-functional teams as both a producer and consumer of deliverables
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Master's Degree Preferred
- 8 years of industry experience is required.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field is required.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top