Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPrincipal Engineer, Systems Architecture
The Device Technology Development Team within T-Mobile USA is responsible for designing new technologies into devices, conducting industry research and completing the evaluation of new technologies pertaining to the radio and core network to support our business objectives. The person filling this role will perform research and evaluation of new technologies, apply business case analysis, make recommendations to the business, develop new technologies in collaboration with device and network vendors, and drive and support launching new technologies in commercial devices. The role allows for the opportunity to define technical standards and guide technology decisions at T-Mobile USA. This role also provides technical leadership opportunities in terms of defining future technology needs by working cross functionally within T-Mobile USA and in collaboration with partner vendors.
- Strong understanding of wireless industry test and validation practices to perform technical validation. Working with tools such as QXDM, TEMS, Wireshark etc.
- Advanced understanding and experience working with signaling and protocols.
- Proficiency in understanding and interpreting industry standard documents like 3GPP specifications.
- Good working knowledge of IMS a plus
- Solid understanding of IP protocol stacks and their operation over wireless links.
- Basic understanding of databases and IP Security knowledge a plus
- Ability to work cross- functionally in a fast paced and constantly changing work environment.
- Experience in writing requirements and developing technology contributions to RFPs to obtain cost and performance data in support of strategic decision-making
- Fostering and maintaining positive and productive working relationships with Engineering and Operations teams, Product Development, Forecasting and Finance teams, and the Senior Management team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and possess the ability to convey results in a summarily and persuasive manner.
- Drive device technology strategy for LTE Advanced and 5G radio features by evaluating industry readiness, standards and aligning with T-Mobile network strategy, device partners and business needs.
- Developing and maintaining detailed designs for various network technologies in devices, ranging LTE Advanced radio features for spectrum efficiency and small cell technologies, Internet of Things, 5G, location technologies, device RF front ends.
- Responsible for defining performance and optimization guidelines for new technologies.
- Evaluation of technologies as well as bringing the technology to life vis a vis demos, proof of concepts, lab and field trials.
- Drive technology development, evaluation and end-to-end proofs of concept, define and document device requirements, define test strategy, support validation capability, and drive commercial launch
- Working with multiple OEMs and Chipset Vendors, and with T-Mobile Marketing and Validation teams, to enable launch of the new technologies on T-Mobile commercial devices
- Support capacity and performance modeling of gains for the new features and technologies, usage forecasting, developing predictive tools and supporting the financial analysis for deployment.
- Leading and managing all aspects of a project, including writing budget proposals and defining scope of work, managing staff allocation and assignment distribution, monitoring progress, ensure project priorities are met (including selecting subject matter experts best suited to complete the work).
- Document all work and, from time to time, prepare and present progress reports and conclusions to executive management.
- BS in Engineering. MS Highly desirable. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the wireless industry, preferably device design, hardware or software engineering.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top