Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPrincipal Engineer, Systems Architecture
The Principal Engineer - Standards will:
- Represent the company at meetings of standards bodies and external associations to ensure that company business interests are met.
- Collect cross company requirements and define standards policies
- Influence key standards through monitoring, dialogue with key players and standards meeting attendance
- Deliver standards roadmaps, reports, updates, impact statements
- Produce proposals for exploitation of new standards and champion these through to project initiation phase
- Co-ordinate and harmonize policies across the businesses concerning standards requirements.
- Provide direction and management for the virtual standards team of cross-company subject experts
- Strong background both in 3G/4G radio and wireless communications systems and architectures and must have experience in telecom networks, protocols and infrastructures in general plus IP and cloud.
- Critical strategic thinking & ability to develop tactical plans based on broad gauge knowledge from direct and recent (in the last 3 years) participation the global wireless industry.
- Proficiency in international relations with strong negotiation skills & political acumen.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills based on evidence of prior technical contributions to standards or equivalent organizations.
- Demonstrated portfolio of participation in 3GPP and/or other international standards work, preferably Core network focused,
- Ideally should hold or have held significant leadership or key influencer positions in industry organizations.
- Requirement for extensive overseas travel.
- Capable to work as a team. Builder of consensus
- Contributor for results
- Flexibility, autonomy and initiative.
- Transparent and clear communications
- Adaptation to multicultural and changing environment
- Training in management and business practices.
- Good communication skills (oral & written) essential.
- Ability to work in external environments that include competitors, regulators and vendors.
Minimum of a BS degree with a preference of a MS or advanced degree in relevant and applicable disciplines and/or equivalent experience.
7 to 10 years of experience is required.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top