Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to, leading the design, rollout and implementation of new Packet Core HW/SW system upgrades and new solutions and optimizing Packet Core Networks and solutions, interacting with IP Design, Operations, QA and Design teams in shaping deliverables, interact with different vendors, cross-functional teaming to deliver on the solution, formulating test instructions for certification. The position requires strong analytical and technical writing competency, as well as effective interpersonal skills to work with vendors and cross functional groups within the company.
- End to end design lead for Packet Core projects
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Packet Core nodes
- Represent Packet Core Engineering on 3GPP reviews, 5G and IOT feature and development discussions
- Provide detailed design on Packet Core nodes which includes call flow, capacity and performance analysis
- Drive vendor roadmaps to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps.
- Establish and promote standards for technology solutions for vendor adherence.
- Ability to present design to other teams including managements
- Use skills to continually enhance existing applications and processes
- Troubleshoot Packet Core issues and collect interface traces using protocol analyzers
- Support Tier 2 and resolve network problems by analyzing the different packets and protocols.
- Mentor team members on Packet Core best practices in area of expertise.
- Responsible for building effective working relationships, making sound decisions, successfully making changes, initiating action and achieving results.
- Willing to learn and experiment with new things with a strong passion in technology
- Be able to lead Packet Core initiatives for network trials and proof of concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of Packet Core network
- Strong knowledge on end to end flow of the WCDMA and LTE
- Work experience in Packet Core and Voice Core nodes
- Experience in evaluating answers from vendors and preparing summary
- Experience in working in cross functional teams
- Ability to perform duties off hours when required
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual to provide long term solutions
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Deep knowledge on the 3GPP standards
- B.S Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Telecom
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant field is preferred
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top