Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPrincipal Engineer, Systems Architecture
The Principal Planning and Design Engineer works within T-Mobile's Switching Systems Design team as a prime network engineer who develops strategy, architecture, detailed designs and standards that result in the implementation of a wide range of network technologies related to voice and messaging core evolution, IP convergence, and network simplification.
T-Mobile is seeking a Principal Planning Engineer to focus their attention on the Design and Implementation of VoLTE, ViLTE, RCS, WebRTC, DIGITS. This Engineer will lead a cross functional team through the Design, Requirements, Development, Implementation and ongoing Engineering of the Core Network Elements associated with this service. The ideal candidate has a track record of bringing knowledge and experience to a large group of Engineers, and ensuring clear communication.
- Excellent knowledge in IMS/ICS, RCS, webRTC, SR-VCC, VoLTE, ViLTE, EPC, Telecommunications, GSM technologies architectures and relevant protocols
- 2 years experience in IMS Design and/or Deployment
- Experience in writing RFI/RFP/RFQ, evaluating responses and executive summary preparation
- Experience in managing vendors and driving roadmap requirements
- Knowledge of SIP, Diameter, GTP, TCP IP Protocols
- Ability to understand and reference 3GPP and OMA specifications
- Experience in working in large cross functional teams
- Drive Core Network architecture changes and evolution
- Determine and create designs to achieve optimum network fit and integration
- Act as the technical lead for large projects (12 months, in excess of $10M)
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and support company initiatives
- Develop quarterly and yearly individual and team goals that support the company objectives for the year
- Write RFPs/RFIs/RFQs for new technology, standards and architecture and evaluate responses, present recommendations to peers and executive team
- Analyze and provide input on Product Development and Network Evolution and Strategy initiatives for all Core Network Elements and Products
- Document technical capabilities, capacities, limitations and interfaces
- Lead and transition new technology testing efforts to downstream teams
- Conduct lab trials and evaluate multiple vendor products against 3GPP and OMA specs
- Provide detailed feedback to Vendor and internal teams
- Assist in budget preparation and equipment dimensioning
- Be pro-active and creative in identifying business challenges and matching innovative solutions
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems with Telecom emphasis
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems with Telecom emphasis and two years relevant experience preferred
- Seven+ years of Wireless Telecommunications Engineering/Design Experience
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top