Principal Engineer, SystDesign& StrategyPrincipal Engineer, SystDesign
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Principal Engineer, SystDesign& Strategy
Principal Engineer Unified Communications located in Bellevue, Washington will serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the design, certification and evolution of IP Messaging Solutions and backend databases as part of T-Mobile’s Rich Communications Services (RCS) infrastructure. The Principal Engineer Unified Communications would lead activities with cross-functional teams and with feasibility analysis of new database technologies, products, features and services. The successful candidate would not only be comfortable managing databases but would enjoy creating and propagating industry best practices for software deployment procedures and operational processes
- Feasibility Analysis:Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
- Roadmap/Vendor Management:
- Monitor relevant industry technologies and standards and document options and impacts via periodic research.
- Identify the impacts and risks of solutions introduction, and make recommendations on solutions evolution.
- Drive vendor roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
- Functional, Deployment, and Operational Design:
- Create functional network designs, MOPs, and standard operational processes to achieve optimum fit, integration, and operations efficiency.
- Provide database and network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- IP Messaging SME:
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for all backend databases using Oracle and other non-SQL based databases used in T-Mobile’s IP Messaging infrastructure.
- Serve as one of the primary points of contact for internal and external teams.
- Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, and Operational teams for T-Mobile’s IP Messaging Engineering Platforms.
- Design Engineering Point of Contact:
- Serve as a point of contact for the RCS Messaging and Services Engineering team for internal customers and liaise with cross-functional teams within Engineering, Marketing Product Development, and other stakeholders to implement and certify new IP messaging products and services with focus on customer experience.
To be able to support additional responsibilities with supporting a new platform (Converged Database – CDB).We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top