Principal Engineer, Software
The role of the Principal Engineer, Software is to design and develop internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required
to deliver new systems functionality.
- Owns the technical vision and development standards of a sub domain or capability.
- Utilizes Planning and Leadership skills to oversee development deliverables as required to implement new systems capabilities.
- Acts as a strong advocate for a culture of quality
- Ensures designs to deliver new systems functionality support corporate business objectives. Oversees vendors/partners in projects of all sizes.
- Utilizes development skills to ensure the development teams develop software and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases.
- Ensures Continuous Integration and Build is in place.
- Maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Ensures that business, and functional requirements are translated / documented in technical specifications or User Stories that ensure complete and quality development.
- Communicates design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
- Utilizes development skills to complete code quality reviews on new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Ensures support documentation is completed as needed by the DevOps function and drive, monitor and takes part in Peer Review to allow acceptance of system changes into production.
- Facilitates/leads reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilizes product lifecycle methodology as a guide for development activities. Provides on-call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide active resolution support on projection outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules.
- Performs peer reviews.
- Collaborates with architects, other Software Engineers, Technology Product Managers on design.
- Collaborate with other Business and Technology partner teams on successful delivery of product enhancements and support.
- Occasionally supervises contract resources.
- Employs a hands-on approach to lead the Development team, both by coding themselves and coaching and mentoring team members.
- Minimum 7 years' Application Development Experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in TIBCO domain for Software development using BW (Business Works).
- Has had technical leadership experience on at least 5 large scale projects, providing leadership to at least 4 Software Engineers on each project, with projects impacting multiple business units and with development timelines greater than 4 months each.
- Minimum 7 years' professional experience using 3 or more development languages or tools (e.g., C#, ASP.Net, J2EE Application Framework, Siebel, Oblix, TIBCO etc.).
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience designing and developing applications.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience designing and developing applications on two operating systems (Unix, Windows 2000, etc.) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Minimum of 7 years' work experience as a Software Engineer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Has experience working with at least 5 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top