Principal Engineer, Software
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Principal Engineer, SoftwareMinimum Required
- Minimum 7 years’ experience developing large scale large scale business systems applications.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting development and day to day operations of large scale application(s) a definite plus.
- First-hand knowledge of Cisco Networks and devices
- Deep experience with JQuery, AngularJS and Node.js
- Experience with REST API integration
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture, deployment, and development patterns
- Integration experience to fulfillment vendors such as Synchronoss.
- Wireless industry experience desirable
- Good knowledge of declarative configuration and model-driven management and operations
- Good knowledge of networking technology; IP networking technologies, Layer 2 4 Protocols, routing protocols, and network services
- Good knowledge of network function virtualization (NFV), software defined networking (SDN) controllers and applications, OpenFlow, and virtualization
- Proven ability to apply expert level experience to perform checks of solution design for quality, consistency, potential impacts to other processes and systems, and proper use of development principles.
- Advanced understanding and demonstrates application of best practice principles. Experience in understanding large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable.
- Strong understanding of various network protocols used in real time applications and how to interpret observations in field to make improvements to networking components.
- Good understanding of software development life-cycle methodology
- Excellent written and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management in groups and one-on-one
- Proven experience with identifying and resolving development impacting issues, working with members of project management team and business SME’s/executives to drive to solutions within defined processes
- Proven ability to plan large efforts in small bundles and short sprints maintaining continuous delivery and cumulative value for the business
- Able to build and leverage strong relationships with both internal and external partners
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous, self-directed environment required
- Experience in working with interfacing technologies and their responsible teams, to efficiently resolve interconnection issues in production and non-production environments
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top