Principal Engineer, Software
Principal Engineer, Software
Be part of an exciting opportunity in cutting edge technology and digital transformation to power the backend of the most used app on the T-Mobile network. As a Principal Developer, you'll lead backend services which power the T-Mobile Application on tens of millions of devices. We are looking for a tech leader who is passionate about delivering quality software and enjoys working closely with various cross-organizational partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should lead technical and development decisions with good verbal and written communication skills and be able to work independently, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team. Looking for a Lead Java developer with strong DevOps tools and AWS Experience with the ability to innovate and drive transformative technologies across the Enterprise and community.
- Owns the technical vision and development of a sub domain or capability.
- Utilizes Planning and Leadership skills to oversee development deliverables as required to implement new systems capabilities.
- Acts as a strong advocate for a culture of quality.
Technology and System
- Designs and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems .functionality supporting corporate business objectives. Leads moderately complex projects.
- Utilizes development skills to build software and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases.
- Ensures Continuous Integration and Build is in place.
- Maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Utilizes development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Identifies and creates/updates support documentation as needed by the DevOps function and drive, monitor and takes part in Peer Review to allow acceptance of system changes into production.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical and architectural specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plan for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
- Minimum 7 years' Application and Software Development Experience.
- Minimum 7 years' professional experience using multiple programming languages, preferably experience Java with Spring framework.
- Strong Experience with usage, configuration, and troubleshooting of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong experience with DevOps, Agile, and continuous integration practices and platforms
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. Cassandra).
- Experience with technologies for building real-time complex data processing pipelines (e.g. Kafka).
- Technical leadership experience on at least 5 large scale projects (our current platform supports 30M+ active users), providing leadership to at Software Engineers on each project, with projects impacting multiple business units and on highly available and consistently performance systems.
- Experience working with at least varied business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- Experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Familiarity with Android and iOS development is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or greater in Computer Science or a related field
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top