Principal Engineer, Software
Designs and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. The Principal Engineer owns the technical vision and development of a sub domain or capability. Utilizes Planning and Leadership skills to oversee development deliverables as required to implement new systems capabilities. Acts as a strong advocate for a culture of quality.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Identifies and creates/updates support documentation as needed by the DevOps function and drive, monitor and takes part in Peer Review to allow acceptance of system changes into production.
- Directs build and unit test production deployment packages.
- Facilitates/leads reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
- Employs a hands-on approach to lead the Development team, both by coding themselves and coaching and mentoring team members
- Minimum 7 Years Application Development Experience.
- Technical leadership experience on at least 5 large scale projects, providing leadership to at least 4 Software Engineers on each project, with projects impacting multiple business units and with development timelines greater than 4 months each.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience designing and developing applications on one operating system (Unix or Windows 2000) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Has had development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead developer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 developers.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Minimum of 7 years' work experience as a Software Engineer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Has experience working with at least 5 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support. B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top