Principal Engineer, Cybersecurity
Responsible for integrating key security controls with strategic business initiatives. Serves as the central resource for subject matter expertise for Corporate Information Security in all aspects of application and infrastructure design for assigned areas. Principal security advisor to cross-functional teams for the successful delivery of projects or services to enterprise customers.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Optimizes cross-functional partnership to successfully address customer requirements. Leads / organizes large scale analysis efforts spanning multiple departments. Uses internal and external data resources to make strategic business decisions and persuade others. Collaborates and builds long-term relationships with key stakeholders. Anticipates likely stakeholder responses to specific recommendations and is able to address accordingly
- Lead information security review of new technologies, designs, and remediation planning efforts.
- Proactively identify process or technology improvements within existing legacy applications or infrastructure and seeks out remediation.
- Investigates and/or leads identifying security needs & recommends plans/resolutions. Implements, tests & monitors info security improvements.
- Proactively identifies areas that need to be developed and seeks out expertise in those areas. Keeps abreast of current developments and trends and is able to use this knowledge to create a business case to address major issues and create specific action plans to address the gaps that the team controls. Plays a leadership role in the execution of that action plan.
- Lead security projects driven by groups both internal and external to info security.
- Mentor peers and junior team members in security technologies, enterprise solution design, SDLC facilitation and effective customer interaction.
- Minimum 10 years total experience with increasing responsibility with security related software and/or business process design, preferably within a digital security environment.
- Minimum 6 years experience with the following: project/team lead, formal implementation SDLC, facilitation of cross-functional solution design teams.
- Be subject matter expert in multiple security subject areas
- Strong, demonstrated verbal and communication skills with diverse cross functional groups Ability to present advanced concepts to leadership, peers, and others in subordinate roles.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks to complete independently, as well as delegate and track progress within the team, all within the time frame established.
- Ability to create technical specification and requirements and work independently and with no direction/supervision. Able to quickly adapt to new or evolving technologies related to new product & services requiring validation or research.
- Self motivated and able to work under tight timelines.
- Knowledge of current technological trends and developments in the area of info security.
- In-depth knowledge of security best practices in large-scale environments. Author white papers and presents at industry conferences. Able to drive industry standards and socialize internally and externally.
- Experience with high level design architecture, security technologies, networking, web services and SOA.
- Solid understanding of T-Mobile's network elements and how they work together (EIT, Engineering & 3rd Party).
- Previous leadership experience, a plus.
- Knowledge of federal & compliance regulations e.g. SOX, PCI & CPNI
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Information Technology
- 4 years of college courses in Information Technology, Certifications combined with relevant work experience may be substituted for education requirements
License or Certification
- CISSP and/or CISA/CISM certification a plus
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top