Principal Engineer, Cybersecurity
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPrincipal Engineer, Cyber Security Operations
The Cyber Security Operations Principle Engineer (PE) helps to protect the T-Mobile brand and its information technology assets by supporting operational continuity for existing tools and architecture as well as key initiatives for improved security posture and resiliency across multiple teams, disciplines, and functionalities under the Corporate Information Security (CIS) umbrella. The role exists between leadership and senior team members as an opportunity to bridge business requirements to technologies and capabilities as well as to mentor, coach and unify team members, peers, and management to achieve common cyber security goals for the organization and the business. CSO teams including Data Loss Prevention, Threat Intelligence, Incident Response, Security Operations Center and Security Operations Services depend on the PE's to help lead and provide guidance on all technical aspects of design, implementation, and support of associated cyber security tools and applications and their integration into the broader T-Mobile technology landscape. This role requires strong technical capability with regard to security requirements best practices and analysis of network and application architecture, as well as cyber security I.T. operations and support. Leadership and resource management skills are also key to last line of defense problem solving for all areas of the organization, as well as collaborating with other teams and organizations internal and external to CIS. Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of experience with increasing responsibility in an operational and/or architectural role related to information security technology, preferably cyber security.
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a Sr. Engineer or equivalent SME/team lead doing tier 3 or above investigating/troubleshooting, intra team project management, design, implementation, documentation and support.
- Subject matter expert in at least two information security technology related domains as well as knowledge of current technological trends and developments in the area of cyber security.
- Experience with high level design architecture in networking and/or application development with the ability to review design documentation quickly and make recommendations based on relevant security best practices.
- Strong demonstrated communication skills with diverse cross functional groups and the ability to convey advanced technical concepts to leadership, peers, and others in subordinate roles.
- Ability to coach/mentor individual contributors and appropriately gauge various social and technical skillsets to help unify team members and peers towards common objectives.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks to complete independently, as well as delegate tasks and track progress within multiple teams.
- Ability to create technical specifications and requirements based on organizational and business needs including initial design, implementation, support, and road-mapping of new tools and technologies.
- Must be able to work independently with no direction/supervision and be self-motivated with the ability to work under tight timelines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with enterprise information security data logging and analysis tools such as Splunk and ArcSight.
- Experience with other tools such as Damballa, Fidelis, Securonix, Attivo, Qualys, Checkpoint, McAfee, Cisco, Dark Trace, A10, Fireeye, Symantec
- Experience with scripting and/or programming languages, and Linux skills.
- Knowledge of federal compliance regulations and frameworks e.g. SOX, PCI, NIST.
- CISSP or equivalent industry certification.
- Previous leadership or management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Certifications combined with relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
- Creates and optimizes cross-functional partnerships to successfully address cyber security requirements and takes point within respective disciplines on large scale analysis and deployment efforts spanning multiple teams.
- Collaboratively builds long-term relationships with key stakeholders and anticipates responses to specific recommendations while having the ability to persuade others and address concerns accordingly.
- Keeps abreast of current developments and trends and proactively leads identifying security technology gaps, and recommends remediation options and/or product solutions to help cover them.
- Provides technical guidance for implementing, testing, monitoring, and supporting application and tooling improvements, and roadmaps future expectations.
- Consults on projects driven by internal and external organizations, and plays a leadership role within the CSO organization helping to bridge leadership and contributors towards common goals.
- Mentors team members and peers in enterprise technologies, solution design, implementations, support, and culture to help efficiently and successfully achieve project milestones.
- LI-TECH-AS1T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top